“A favourable comparision.”
Review of The Anvil

The Anvil
Ranked #5 of 45 things to do in Basingstoke
More attraction details
Owner description: The Anvil is one of Hampshire’s largest entertainment venues and offers a wide range of entertainment for all ages including stand-up comedy, theatre, ballet & opera, classical music, pop concerts and pantomime. This year we’ve welcomed top class performers including Lee Evans, Boy George and Billy Ocean and also had the pleasure of hosting one-off events such as the last UK concert appearance of the great pianist Alfred Brendel.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Anvil's acoustics are almost equal to the Albert Hall and Covent Garden Opera House, where I attended many years ago when I lived in London. The concerts I've been to at the Anvil rarely disappoint.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Good venue, quite modern in the centre of town. Ample car parking so tend not to struggle parking when seeing a show.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

To be fair I think my description of this venue as 'lacking soul' has more to do with its size than anything. I was here for comedy, and it's not ideal for that. I already knew that and I always look to see if the show is offered at another venue I can get to, booking the Anvil as a last resort. But that's harsh on it, because it's also spacious and comfortable and my only real criticism would be the paucity of ladies' toilets - there always seems to be a queue.

Can't really blame it for the large capacity of the auditorium! If that means I can get a ticket to see a big name, so be it. It's also handy for lots of nice places to eat, and there is plenty of parking nearby.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

As a wheelchair user going to the Anvil was somewhere new for me. I was surprised at how accessible it was. There's a lift from the car park to near the enterance. Once inside it's all on one level. There's a wheelchair accessible (not a RADAR KEY) and a place to buy drinks. The doors into the auditorium are quiet heavy, but the staff will open then. The wheelchair spaces are 5 rows from the front so no neck bending to see the stage. We had a great time. I would definitely ho there again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic night at The Anvil seeing Anastacia :)

The theatre is fantastic, really clean, staff really helpful and seating with great view of the stage. We were on one side of the circle and had a great view :)

The security last night was fantastic and the staff were very safety conscious!

Anastacia was absolutely brilliant, great atmosphere and audience participation!