“Enjoyed”

Ranked #10 of 27 things to do in Basingstoke
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Saw Paul Zerdin here who was very. This was my first visit here and although the theatre is small its quite cosy. I would go here again.

All reviews
"venue"
in 4 reviews
"play"

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I really like this theatre. Its an old building, quite small and they have some good productions, given the size of the place. Its right in the town centre and there is lots of parking and restaurants nearby. For an old theatre it does not get boiling hot inside like many old theatres do. Only a 10 minute walk from the train station or 5 minute walk from the bus station. Its a great value night out in my opinion. TIP order your drinks for the interval before the show starts and collect the drinks from the very top floor (i.e. the floor above the bar) near entrance doors C and D.

1  Thank MIADangerous
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We travelled from Hertfordshire to see Lucy at the Haymarket Theatre in Basingstoke. Although small, the intimate atmosphere made it feel as if we were just a group of friends sharing an evening together. It wasn't very expensive and the staff were lovely and friendly. I will definitely go back if there is something or someone playing here I want to see.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

A cosy theatre located snap bang in the market place at Basingstoke. It has good accessibility and facilities for visitors. The staff were friendly and proficient in managing the crowds.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I always like to support local and regularly see plays here. On Saturday afternoon, I saw Strictly Murder, a Talking Scarlet production which is usually very good. However, there was no programme (not even a photcopied cast list) and I think the small audience were 'short-changed'. The play started late ..should have been 2pm and then finished at 4pm with a 20 min. interval for £19.00.
I will continue to support the Haymarket but I fear some will be put off another visit.