“Great value”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Bolton. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Lancashire’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Came on a Saturday but had to wait about 30mins so i recommend booking for weekends, staff were lovely and courteous while we were waiting though and kept reassuring us a table wouldnt be long, food was hot and fresh and a great selection of vegetables, how can you not at that price :-)

Date of visit: March 2018
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bolton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi, thank you for your lovely comment I will be sure to pass this on to our team. Thanks again :)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant still retains some of the period features of this once impressive private house. We didn’t book for Easter Sunday so unfortunately had to wait for 45 minutes which was longer than we were advised. The food was surprisingly good. Not sure why the gravy is universal but the actual meat was freshly cooked and the accompaniments also benefitted from a high turnover. Wouldn’t recommend you visited here if you were bothered by children running riot. It’s not the best quality but it’s cheap.

Date of visit: April 2018

Hi Daniel thanks you for your feedback, ill be sure to pass this on. Sorry your visit was not up to standard this time and i hope we can make it up to you in the future :)

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I love this building! We called in for a tea time carvery on a Monday. Good service from the waiting on team & the food on the carvery was plentiful & delicious. The beef was so tender & the turkey very tasty. No end of choice of veg including my favourite, sweet potato, toasties & cauliflower cheese.
We thoroughly enjoyed it, a great price too. Thank you!

Date of visit: March 2018
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bolton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed your visit, we hope to get 5 stars next time you vome to see us

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Thank you for saving the day for my son George's christening celebrations. I woke up on Sunday 18th March and received a telephone call from the booked venue for George's christening to inform me that we'd have to cancel the use of their room due to the bad weather from snow through the night that had blocked the road therefore we were unable to gain access to the venue.

Frantically me, my wife and family called round every venue to make re-arrangements for the christening and thankfully Toby Carvery were able to answer our call and saved the day. The management and staff at Toby Carvery went above and beyond to help and assist to put on a brilliant afternoon celebration for my son's christening. The management team even went out to a nearby supermarket to buy balloons and a cake where they had printed on the cake George Eric.

From having a stressful morning I couldn't envisage that the afternoon would turn out to be so perfect where everyone enjoyed the buffet food that was put on for us with only short notice, a few hours before the event for approx. 60 people. Food was lovely, fresh with a great selection of hot and cold food. The room was a great size, we had an entertainer booked who had plenty of room to set up and take full advantage of the dance floor space to entertain the kids with games. The price of the event was very reasonable in the circumstances.

We are forever grateful for the good will of Toby Carvery for helping us in our hour of need and you will always now be top of our list to re-visit for any future events. We could not recommend you more highly and everyone was fantastic.

Date of visit: March 2018
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bolton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

It was our pleasure to come to the rescue to make Georges day go ahead. We look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

It's a beautiful building on the outside- in fact, surprising for Toby Carvery. Some say it is known to be haunted.

I planned to eat here tonight with friends, as they tell me how great it is.

I went to the toilet, pressed the tap to wash my hands, the water was spluttering then came out brown water from the tap. I tried the other tap, the same thing.

I decided not to eat in Toby Carvery and left.

Not good.

Date of visit: March 2018
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bolton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Hi Nicmad1 im very sorry to hear about this please could you email me with some more details at bolton@tobycarvery.co.uk so i can get this checked out thanks :)