See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Booked for family of 11, set menu 12-3 on Christmas Day. Arrived at 11.45, table all set and ready looked lovely. 12.10 was asked if we had pre booked, slight confusion as a set menu, however our order was taken, ordered brushetta and Parma ham, and salmon with prawns, others where having mains and dessert, my Parma ham was really really salty, and brushetta burnt, my husband salmon and prawn looked lovely, alas he was missing prawns. Kids had turkey dippers n chips for mains which they enjoyed even though they waited nearly an hour for them. The mains arrived not looking too good turkey was ontop of potato and veg, two small roasties, 1 raw parsnips size of a little finger, sprouts cold and not cooked, veg was cold and some raw, no apple sauce available at 1.30 pm not good seeing as second lot of guests to arrive at 3.30. when asked if everything ok we where informed that instead of moaning if we had said something they could of resolved it, our reply we waited over an hour for a set meal can't afford another hour, especially seeing as we had to leave at three so they could get table ready for three thirty setting. I basically had a sliver of Palma ham..two small roasties and turkey for £32.00, the dessert was a choice and they had to bring it to us three times as they got it wrong each time despite writing it down, kids had turkey nuggets and chips with Christmas log and custard for £12.99 abit of a let down really. Out of eleven people kids ate there's and only one adult finished that was due to being hungry.
No apology no deduction offered.
An apology from the bar lad who served the dessert three times, never again will I go out for Christmas lunch. My son and daughter in law ordered a take away when they got home, luckily I had cooked a turkey as my daughter was unable to come due to work, so we had prawn starter and turkey Christmas dinner at nine o'clock last night.
We have been here several times during summer and had summer meals which have always been ok, so I expected more or less the meal to be edible, never ever again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Vicky C
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Food was nothing special for the price paid. The service was good and the actual dining area was clean and tidy but it is a pub and would have expected pub prices and not over inflated prices. On the whole I would say mediocre and will not be returning until I hear of better reviews.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank john k
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very tasty meal in a relaxing friendly atmosphere. Starters of pate and the black pudding stack were delicious. Lamb and stuffed chicken as the mains were really fresh. Nice real ales. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Has a decent menu, the vegetarian signs fall off the menu...how is a veggie burger not vegetarian?! Really nice cheese pie although it's not quiet a pie more of a pastry top, amazing chips, presented very nicely. Good children's menu. Friendly staff. My one big criticism of the restaurant area is that it is always too cold...turn the heating on as it's a conservatory type extension with a tiled roof but lots of windows so it's always bloody freezing in there. Seated quickly, served quickly with both drinks and food. Will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Yeah it's good food also made fresh and there is lots of choice as there is 3 menus the only fault I can give here is the length of time we waited. We waited 50 mins and there was only a handful of people in there.overall good place

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family