Open today: 10:00 - 15:00
Review Highlights
Brilliant

We went as a family group to celebrate my 71 Birthday, absolutely Brilliant, a must for family and... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2018
Ken R
Team building

Absolutely fantastic place for families or couples, a good 3 hrs of fun and there is a walk too if... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2018
tarrymushambi
Greater London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews zip wire safety briefing great fun scared of heights tarzan swing cargo net own pace team building adventure lovers hour adventure safety talk family activity high ropes explained everything best experiences of my life training course different levels
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Visited today. Constant rain but didn't take away the fantastically wet time we had. Course is fantastic and instructor at the 11am session was brilliant, made it more enjoyable with the interaction and how he delivered the session. Top guy. We got filthy but that couldn't be helped if you came in backwards on a zip line. Will be back for a 3rd time.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Overall the actual activity was good it was more hard work than fun but that’s probably different for each person the only problem we had was because we were at the back of the group because we were a bigger group with a child we were a bit behind everyone else and we were on the level 4 course on our own with out an instructor watching us which I was annoyed about because if we had got stuck or injured especially supervising a child there wasn’t an instructor there to help us which they said there would be throughout all 5 levels.

Date of experience: August 2018
GoApeTribe, Guest Relations Manager at Go Ape Rivington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write to us concerning your visit to Go Ape Rivington Brittany. For our Tree Top Adventure, customers explore and negotiate the treetop courses without any direct supervision from a Go Ape instructor. This is one of our unique selling points and we believe this enhances the customer experience. It helps develop self confidence and creates memories that will continue to inspire customers to live life adventurously even after they have left the tree tops. We do include this in the safety brief - after Site 2 customers are welcome to negotiate the rest of the course without direct supervision from a Go Ape instructor. They will be discreetly patrolling the forest floor which is part of our operating procedures - without being intrusive to your experience. Customers may not always see them, especially when you're concentrating high up in the trees, however we can assure you they'll be keeping an eye and ear out. In the event of an emergency there is always the safety whistle - which is again covered in the safety brief. Thank you, once again, for bringing these matters to our attention. At Go Ape, we believe that every customer should have a great time and we are always grateful for all feedback from customers to help improve the experience.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived half an hour earlier than our allotted time frame and was greeted by very helpful and friendly staff. Had a useful and engaging safety talk. You are supervised for one “zone” and undertake the other four alone - luckily we were positioned in front of a large group and behind another couple so we were never in a rush and we were able to hang around taking photos and videos, which we would definitely recommend. The whole site was clean, well maintained and there were safety precautions installed everywhere. Comfortable clothing and thin gloves (even if it’s sunny because your hands get sore quickly from gripping the ropes) are all recommended, as is wearing black shoes, as white shoes get very dirty very quickly.

Very safe
Friendly and helpful staff
Gloves, black shoes and comfortable clothing recommended
Lots of fun!!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I went to Go Ape with work colleagues and only agreed to go as I didn't want to look like a coward! I'm so glad I pushed through the fear barrier as it was one of the best experiences of my life!

The instructors go through the safety procedures very thoroughly and ensure that you know how to operate the equipment before you're let loose on the course. This is reassuring, especially as you sign a disclaimer acknowledging that you are at risk of serious accident!

There are five stations and each one is different and equally thrilling. You follow the same clipping on of harness procedure at every station and once you've got over the initial shock at being so high up in the trees, you can really enjoy your yourself. I was quaking with fear when climbing the first ladder up into the trees, but soon got into the swing of things. The hardest thing was climbing up a cargo net at the first station. The best bits were the zip wires on three of the stations. One was a hugely thrilling one which went over the river. I broke my shoulder last Summer and was worried that I wouldn't be able to hang on, but the harness fully supports your weight. You simply sit, let the harness support you and leap off into thin air! You zip through the air and it is amazing!!

I would recommend this activity for children over ten. Some of the walkways are strips of wood which are quite far apart. I'm 5 ft 3.5 in tall and it was a stretch for my legs! It is a brilliant activity for all ages. There was a very agile 76 year old man doing the course at the same time as us!

I was so impressed, that I'm planning to take my teenaged daughters in the Summer holidays.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Really enjoyable, despite being unfit (and having a healing hand from an operation) l still managed to complete 4 of the 5 circuits.
Different levels on some of the circuits so my teenage daughter felt more challenged - lots of different bridges and a zip wire on each circuit and we loved it!
Water and cups supplied as you go around the site.
Wear shoes with a more flexible sole (but that fit your whole foot securely) as this will help with grip on the ropes / wires as you progress through the activity.
Well worth a visit - we visited mid week around 2.30pm so much quieter than it will be in school holidays and weekends.