“Friendly supportive staff, excellent set up, great experience!”
Review of Go Ape Rivington

Go Ape Rivington
Ranked #1 of 27 Fun & Games in Bolton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Voted Best Tourism Experience at Lancashire and Blackpool Tourism Awards 2011 and nominated in the Visit Lancashire for Small Visitor Attraction in 2014. It's got to be one of Lancashire's best days out and that's not just us saying that (check out our feedback!). With breathtaking scenery, amazing tree top obstacles and awesome zip lines, Rivington is sure to be a day out in Lancashire you won't forget. You are guaranteed a warm welcome at Rivington Tree Top Adventure. It's home to one of the most exciting zip wires: You'll cross a bay in the reservoir and get a bird's eye view over the water. With its rugged hills, picturesque reservoirs and woodlands bustling with wildlife, Rivington is one of Lancashire's 'must visit' locations. A gem in its own right and on the doorstep of Manchester, one of the most vibrant cities in the UK.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Really enjoyable, despite being unfit (and having a healing hand from an operation) l still managed to complete 4 of the 5 circuits.
Different levels on some of the circuits so my teenage daughter felt more challenged - lots of different bridges and a zip wire on each circuit and we loved it!
Water and cups supplied as you go around the site.
Wear shoes with a more flexible sole (but that fit your whole foot securely) as this will help with grip on the ropes / wires as you progress through the activity.
Well worth a visit - we visited mid week around 2.30pm so much quieter than it will be in school holidays and weekends.

All reviews
"hour adventure"
"family activity"
"explained everything"
in 2 reviews
"best experiences of my life"
"training course"
"work colleagues"
"different levels"
"birthday celebration"
in 2 reviews
"staff were really helpful"

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We had a really good time. Staff were great at booking us in. The safety briefing was to the point and not boring

We enjoyed all of the course. Multiple levels, some good drops and the zip lines are the best

Just felt like we went around quickly

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Great staff, very professional and friendly and explained everything very clearly for newbies like us. When i climbed up the first tree i did have second doubts and thought what have i let myself into but i thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and so did my husband (who actually wanted a bit more a of a challenge). Favourites for me were all the zip wires especially the one over the river! I found the challenges a little scary as my knees start trembling when im up on heights but not to the extent where I couldn't push myself and just do it. I would actually like to go again so my fear becomes less and eventually none. The zip wires are great fun absolutely loved them! It's a must go for all including those with kids!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Fantastic experience from beginning to end. Great emphasis on safety, staff were really encouraging, especially with those who were a bit nervous. You can take it at your own pace. Really good value for money and a lovely afternoon with family.