“RIP off ”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Really did not have a good visit. They were out of a lot of product and we became ill from it. They have a poor Hygine rating. We contacted them but they would do nothing

1  Thank SincereAdvisor

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We arrived Thursday lunchtime as a group of 11 there was another group of 12 and lots of other diners. The food was delivered to us hot and all together. Most of us had sea bass, it was delicious.
There was only two girls on behind the bar and serving but both were very pleasant even though they were under pressure to serve everyone.
Drinks were a little overpriced but would definitely go back for the food

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

6 of us recently visited Harvey's since it reopened and we was hugely disappointed. The service and drinks you could not fault the staff are lovely. But what let's the place down was the food, all the meals arrived with a paltry amount of chips, 7 each to be precise, and the side salad was the most miserable looking salad I have ever seen and no tomatoes included. We did complain and an extra small bowl of chips were brought along. I ordered the Enchiladas which should be , abd correct me if I'm wrong, Mexican and tomato based. What arrived was anything but it had a rather bad Indian curry taste to it. To be honest it was basically a horrible chicken curry in a wrap. All 6 of us complained about their meals in one form or another, the worst of the lot was the supposedly Cheese and Onion Pie which went back, and we was given a discount but will I eat there again no but like I said the drinks were fine and the ambiance of the place does make it a lovely place for a good beer, glass of wine or a cocktail and the staff are faultless. If I could advise Harvey's sort the food out the menu is not cheap and certainly not good value.

2  Thank Janie266
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Food and service fine. This place needs a refresh , in particular the toilets need locks that fit and one was missing a toilet seat. The wall colour reminded us of nicotine , a lick of paint would soon sort this. For a bar offering so many gins it was poorly advertised. In general though elegant in the past it felt a little unloved .

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I ate here as part of a leaving do. A large enough pub restaurant to fit 12 of us. I knew Harvey's had closed down and reopened over the past few months so I was intrigued as to how this would be. I ordered a small white wine and glass of lemonade. £5.40. Not the cheapest but not the dearest. I arrived first and settled with my drinks to see that a couple was sitting opposite me with quite sullen looks on their faces. I knew they must have complained about something and a waitress came to their table to say they could offer "a slice of bread with it." Something not quite right there so I was hoping we wouldn't have problems. The waiting staff were very attentive. Can't fault them there. I saw there was £9.95 for a set menu (with a £14.95 price crossed out so I guessed maybe this was due to feedback perhaps?). Not bad for a set menu. However, I decided to go for a cheese and onion pie for £9.95. How I wished I had never ordered it. It arrived and it was the smallest portion I have EVER seen. It was probably about 10cm long and 8cm wide, perhaps an inch thick, served with SIX chunky chips and the smallest side salad. It disappeared rather quickly but I was still hungry. I didn't say anything at the time to staff because I didnt want to spoil it for everyone there but the longer I sat there, the more angry I got. The fact they had the cheek to serve such a small portion for £9.95 was an absolute rip off and I really felt like I had been duped. I therefore went to the bar and asked a girl if I could speak to somebody about the food and that I was extremely unhappy that they thought it was ok to serve what they did. The girl disappeared into the kitchen and came out to speak to another bar girl, who then went to speak to the man in a suit serving beers (I assumed was the owner). I expected him to come over and speak to me. But no. He sent the girl back to me who apologised but said we were asked if the food was ok, everyone said yes, no one else had a problem with their food and all they could offer was 15% off my bill. Fine. But the fact that the man could not come and speak to me face to face to explain this to me himself was absolutely spineless! If he was indeed the manager, he needed to face the music himself and this angered me further. I excepted her response and did not buy any further drinks as I refused to give that man any more of my money. Absolute con and a joke is the food and portions. It is basically average food being sold at expensive prices. Wetherspoons would have been ten times better! Believe it or not, I really want Harvey's to work and I really do hope they take on feedback there because otherwise, this place will be closed down again. With the attitude of the staff to feedback, I have a feeling it will be. Let's hope not. All I can say is that if you remember how Harvey's food was before a few years back (which I thought was fine), enter this place at your own risk to find out for yourself. I know I won't be giving any more of my money here to be duped again!

3  Thank Emily A