“Saturday night out.”

Gatwick Manor
Ranked #66 of 271 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whatever the reason for a visit, The Gatwick Manor is the perfect historic setting for enjoying delicious traditional pub food, including seasonal specials and leisurely Sunday lunches. We also share our grounds with a Premier Inn, if you are wanting to stay with them you will have to book through their website due to the differing companies. We also cater for weddings and party functions, however this is set aside from the Chef and Brewer business. If you are interested or need more information please dial the normal number and press option 1.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very pleased with the meal we had here last Saturday. Booked a table on the phone, good job we did as the place was packed.... Very good service, food was hot and the four of us all enjoyed our meals. We all had something different, all in all a very pleasant evening. Will be returning.

Michelle G, Manager at Gatwick Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I'am so glad you had a lovely time with us, look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch there yesterday (Good Friday). We were greeted quickly & taken through to the restaurant area. We were given a seat & introduced to the waiter who would be serving us.
The food took a little while to arrive (although we were all very hungry so maybe it felt longer than it was)!
Between us we ordered the Buttermilk chicken burger, the fish & chips, gammon & also some food from the kids menu (chicken lollipops, chicken wrap & a chocolate plant pot). The food tasted lovely- good value for money & Jamie (I think that was the name of our waiter) was friendly and attentive.
Would definitely come back if in the area.

Thank you for your review.
I will pass your kind words onto James who looked after you. Hope to see you again soon, we have new menu starting on the 19th April so there will be lots of new dishes for you to try next time you visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rude staff, dirty and tired venue - seen much better days. Full of loud contractors clearly away from home. Was a lone female. The barman ignored me and when I eventually got his attention I asked for a table out of the way as I felt very uncomfortable. I was mocked and told to find something myself. Truely awful experience. I left without eating. The pub is grubby, tired, dirty and dated. Awful bargain bucket place, although the prices are far from bargain bucket. Those giving a good rating must have a narrow view of the hospitality industry. There is much better on the high street, Beefeater etc. The outside was littered with cigarette ends, the front doors dont hang properly and are stiff.

Michelle G, Manager at Gatwick Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for you review.
I am sorry were full and could not accommodate you, we are full up in the Bar area and the restaurant pretty much every night so we do encourage everyone to book a table and as we have a large hotel next door week day evenings sometimes we do get a lot of tradesmen in who are staying the night. I am sorry again for the disappointing experience you had with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is superb and the pub employees friendly. My husband liked the gloryhole in the men's room. Will definitely come back. We may ordered the chipped beef with cream again.

Thank you for the review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This has to be the worst restaurant I have EVER eaten in. The food is practically inedible. Lasagna looks like burnt dog food and steak so dry you couldn’t eat it. The starter was two Prawn Cocktails both made with a very nasty tasting sauce. (Home made apparently)
The floor and ledges in the restaurant area need a good clean with build up of food and dirt. Ended up with just two plates of chips as once you get a cab here to stay before a flight, you are trapped with nowhere else to eat. Vending machine dinner of chocolate it has to be then. If you are staying at the Premier Inn, bring a packed lunch.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, I am sad to hear that you weren't happy with the food or the look of the Gatwick Manor, I have investigated this with the team on shift and I am please that Lauren your server for the evening along with the duty manager paid for your entire bill for the evening as a way of an apology I think this was the right thing to do on the night. I would like to apologise again, we are always disappointed when a guest leaves unhappy.