Reviews (8 809)
1 872
3 027
2 194
1 036
All reviews garden restaurant the executive lounge new wing deluxe room an early flight sports bar car park next morning airport hotel gatwick south terminal covered walkway costa coffee one night stay an overnight stay good nights sleep close to the airport airline
342 - 347 of 8 809 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The room was fine and breakfast was very tasty, my partner commented one of the best hotel breakfasts she had ever had.

Nice clean bathroom, spacious room and bathroom, good toiletries, free fast wifi.

Staff were all polite, professional and friendly.

Only negative point- I didn't appreciate being charged £1 without my consent, for a charity donation. I checked in online the day before, it was a prepaid room and wasn't given a paper invoice at check out (hadn't had any extras to pay for). So was never made aware of this £1 discretional donation. Its poor practice to bill people for things they are not aware of/did not agree to and charge their bank card without their knowledge.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian F
Kara M, General Manager at Hilton London Gatwick south terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you for sharing the great feedback after your recent stay with us. I am really delighted of your enjoyable experience with us. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused on the shortfall in communication experienced. I have shared your comments with our team concerned in order to ensure the matter is rectified. Can I please ask you to get in touch with Karen Ballam in this respect. I do look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager. karen.ballam@hiltongatwickairport.com

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have stayed at numerous Gatwick/Crawley hotels, and I keep returning to the Hilton.

1) Amy's Restaurant - best restaurant at Gatwick, and I've tried each and every one outside of security, both North and South terminals.

2) Location - although it may seem like a maze to get there, it's actually incredibly close to South, the train station and the Crawley Metrobus stop.

However, there are things the property could do to improve!

1) Better TVs! I don't know what software they put on, but the channels change SO SLOWLY. A guilty pleasure while traveling is flipping through channels in bed! Make it easier!

2) Garden Restaurant - super disappointing breakfast. There are many options, but they're all bland.

3) Hallway carpet and lighting in the original building - replace and make brighter.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 7000 range
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for the great feedback shared after your recent stay with us. I am delighted to note of enjoyable experience as well as some constructive tips. I am pleased to confirm our upcoming major refurbishment due to start in the next few months to include both rooms and public areas. I do look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a huge sprawling property. Although branded as a hilton, it feels far inferior - at least, the hilton touch is missing. Perhaps this is inevitable in an airport hotel with high levels of turnover. The restaurants are expensive and the food nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TempleofPeace

Thank you for sharing some feedback with us after your recent stay with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused as a result of shortcomings experienced. I am pleased to confirm our upcoming major refurbishment of both rooms and public areas due to start in the next few months. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Stayed one night on our way home from holiday. Our room (3rd floor) was a good size, but didn't have a hairdryer (I searched everywhere!) or one of those low-ish small tables where you can place your suitcase. Bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also a decent size.

The carpet in the corridor was worn and boasted a couple of strips of gaffer tape, which really surprised us in a Hilton hotel. One of the lifts was dodgy (door wouldn't open till we pressed the open-door button several times).

Didn't eat here, but did have a couple of drinks in Amy's bar, by the reception area. We would have had a bottle of wine, but prices started at around £26, so we settled for beer instead. We noticed that a couple of the tables had chipped edges, which also surprised us. Service was not very quick.

Check-in was fairly quick and efficient.

Although we slept well, we wouldn't stay here again. In our opinion, the Premier Inn at the North Terminal is in better condition.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SussexRhian

Thank you for sharing some constructive feedback with us after your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused as a result of the shortfall experienced. I am pleased to confirm our upcoming major refurbishment due to start in the next few months and expected to last till 2020. These will include both rooms and public areas. I do hope you will reconsider visiting us again when next in the Gatwick area. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This place is dusty, dirty and dated. Badly needs a makeover. Restaurant prices exorbitant. Mould in bathroom.
Tatty bath panel. Bed hard. Furniture tired and from the 80s. Dust on table. Toilet bowl not too clean. For over a hundred quid a night I would expect better. Not even a hairdryer. Premier Inn for me next time!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GeoffreySinger

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused as a result of the shortfall experienced. I have shared your feedback with our management team for remedial action to be put in place. I am delighted to confirm our upcoming major refurbishment of both rooms and public areas in the next few months which will span till 2020. I sincerely hope you will review your decision of using us again in the future. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager.