“cold”

Add it.
Golden City
Ranked #17 of 50 Quick Bites in Crawley
Reviewed 27 February 2021

the most coldest meal ever even picked it up rather then delivery found it in a just eat bag worst ever

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (18)

Reviewed 27 November 2020

We ordered and paid on line and the food was ready when we went to collect (we live a bit to far away for delivery out in the sticks) the food was really great - the place was very clean with staff wearing full protection and PPE, with screens over the counter etc - best we have had during lockdown! So easy to order on line instead of trying to get through on the phone - nearby parking - highly recommend using this takeaway

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

Always go here for Chinese, even though we have one closer, we always prefer golden city. The food is always yummy and 9 times out of 10 they come before their delivery estimation.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 10 July 2020 via mobile

We normally get Chinese take aways from Bewbush when in Crawley, but as my Mother in Law luves in West Green we thought we'd give the Golden City a whirl for a change. We were certainly not disappointed! I had my favourite (which for some reason, not many Chinese restaurants or take aways, do), chicken Cashew in Yellow Bean sauce, with Singapore Fried Rice and my wife and mum in law had Chicken Fried Rice and Curry Sauce. The meal arrived bang on the allocated time, was very reasonably priced and was very, very tasty. We will certainly make it our Chinese of choice in Crawley. All I can say about the few 1 star reviews is that they must have called on a very bad day, the vast majority and my personal experience is to be believed!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 3 April 2019 via mobile

I don't usually eat Chinese, though came across this place after reading a review. I was pleasantly surprised when seeing that GC not only cook using Quorn, but Nam behind the counter adamantly told me that they use a completely different wok, utensils etc to prepare the food. I had no reason to dis-count this, so ordered a mock chicken chow mein, and egg fried rice.

Verdict ...

Let's put it this way, I shall be returning to check out the rest of the veggie menu

Date of visit: March 2019