“lovely day”

Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom
Ranked #2 of 40 things to do in Telford
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Aaron was really informative and friendly when leading our half a day keeper experience! We thoroughly enjoyed our day! Will 100% be returning!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 398)
All reviews
"meerkat experience"
in 432 reviews
"half day keeper experience"
in 71 reviews
"my daughter"
in 132 reviews
"fell asleep"
in 25 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"christmas present"
in 39 reviews
"feed the animals"

241 - 245 of 2 399 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was bought an animal experience for my birthday and i thoroughly enjoyed it! We were lead by a man called Aaron who was fantastic! (Please pass on my thanks) He was funny, kind and very knowledgeable. It consisted of a group of 8 of us and we met Duma the Serval, Lemurs, Meerkats, An owl, a snake and a pygmy hedgehog! Was an absolutely perfect day! After the meeting of all the animals we then had a wander round the rest of the farm, the animals all seem pretty happy and there are some lovely enclosures for them. Would highly recommend any animal loving person to go and try this experience! I definitely want to be coming back!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Set in a very rural location but well signposted. Parking tight but no worse than some older supermakets!
The general ambience is "homely" and not in the least "Disney" so don't expect shiny this and that, polished marble floors or even straight lines!
This is exactly what it is: a simple collection of various wildlife that you can, in most cases, interact with under very knowledgeable and friendly supervision by the rangers. Our guide was Aaron who was really nice. Amongst others, we fed the foxes (Arctic and others) and played with them before helping herd them back to their enclosure.
It's a shame the Serval (big cat) was too hot and bothered to be fussed by us so we let him be.
Bad Points−
What's not to like? It depends on your expectations I suspect.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had a great time meeting two hand reared meerkats with them taking turns to be stroked on our laps. There was only 2 couples so plenty of time for all. We then spent half an hour hand feeding a large group, again very good being up close and personal with them. Would thoroughly recommend for all ages. Keeper (Aaron) was very knowledgeable and went out of his way to ensure we had a great hour. Rest of park was also very good, we had no problem filling a whole day there.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had a great time on our Hoo Farm experience. I had bought the half day keeper experience via Groupon, and found it really easy to book online. We got there early and staff were friendly in signing us in, and we waited outside the cafe petting the farm cats! I was a bit disappointed to be in a largeish (8 people) group for the experience, but our company was all very friendly. We met tortoises, lemurs, meerkats, snakes, a hedgehog, owls, and for me the highlight was stroking Duma the serval. Staff were all very friendly and informative. After our experience we had time to wander around the rest of the site, and enjoyed feeding the sheep, and hearing the various keeper talks/feeds. Some of the animal enclosures could do with a little tlc, but on the whole it was clear that the animals were top priority! A great day out :)