Open today: 10:00 - 17:30
Review Highlights
Meerkat experience

Booked meerkat experience as a present - really enjoyed it! You are in enclosures for an hour... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
shelly-p43
Alsager, United Kingdom
via mobile
Oh my god, what a day! Amazing Experience!

Oh my god, what a day! We booked a binturong experience through 'Living Social', we didn't expect... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
BethanieGrey

Reviews (2 462)
2 462 results
1 810
1 810
All reviews meerkat experience half day keeper experience hand reared meerkats sheep race raccoon dogs spectacled owl ring tailed lemurs animal encounters boa constrictor my daughter fell asleep christmas present answered all our questions hour experience exotic animals my birthday feed the animals
310 - 315 of 2 462 reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We visited Hoo Farm after booking 2 animal encounters. We booked both the Binturong and Meerkat experience and we’re not disappointed! Both experiences were a full hour each and were very interactive. The groups were small and the staff were very knowledgable.

The farm is a brilliant place for families, especially with young children. You can feed some of the animals (food is £1). There is plenty of parking, gift shop and small cafe on site.

As a couple, after our animal encounters we stayed another 1.5 hours or so to take a look around the rest of the farm. With the great play areas, we would have been much longer with kids.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had a fantastic time at Hoo Farm from getting there early for our experience the receptionist was really helpful and very friendly. The experience was out of this world to me and the young lady keeper was very knowledgeable and made it something to remember for ever. We were very impressed with all the 'hand washing facilities' spread throughout. We just wish the catering was a little better but that didn't really bother us, we still managed a coffee and muffin.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely morning taking part in the half day keeper. Staff were lovely and the animals were great. At the end of the experience it was lunchtime. The weather was beautiful so we decided to have something to eat. What a complete waste of £16.50. A jacket with butter was £3.50 an then an extra 50p per filling. I ordered 3 potatoes with tuna mayo and one with cheese and beans. I watched as the lady put on the filling and asked if we could have butter in them first, as the big bold sign said this was the basic then you added the fillings. She replied they had no butter. When we got them outside they were simply vile. They were cold, rubbery and totally inedible. All 4 of us left them. We mentioned to the girl behind the till how bad they were and she just said she was new and didn’t know. Such a shame it put a complete ‘downer’ in the day and I was £16.50 our if pocket and still hungry. If you go here take your own food.

3  Thank Ruby4321
Will D, Partner at Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for your review and email earlier,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience - I can't pretend that I'm not disappointed that you didn't give me an opportunity to resolve the situation via email before posting your review (they must have gone within minutes of each other). However I'll look forward to your response.

Kind Regards

Will Dorrell
Partner

Reviewed 23 June 2018

An absolute gem of a zoo set in very relaxing and picturesque settings. Very reasonably priced, with a free return visit thrown in for good measure. Very friendly, knowledgeable staff who are always on hand to answer any questions you may have. A place where you can interact with the animals and also, for a moderately priced extra charge, take an animal experience, where you can get up close and personal with servals, binturongs, meerkats and the like.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great day out with the kids, lots to do and see and get involved in, Halloween is done fabulous, you can watch the lambs be born in season, the parrots are brill to spend time talking to, great for a picnic in the park area