Reviews (1 478)
1 478 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakgorge barrelaxation roombreakaway clubdriving rangeheated loungersspa facilitiessauna and steam roomevening meallight lunchironbridge gorgerestaurant staffmain restaurantreception staffbar areaboth nights
40 - 45 of 1 478 reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Stayed here recently with friends on a golf break. Easy friendly check in. Rooms etc were very good indeed. Dinner was excellent. We all had lovely food and I can highly recommend the beetroot cured salmon, mixed grill and lime cheesecake. The wine was good (perhaps a little overpriced). What made the evening, however, was the quality of the service. It was a very busy Saturday evening but the number and quality of the staff was top notch. All staff were polite, informative and genuinely friendly. Breakfast was also very good with every sort of food available. Staff again were very helpful.
The very pleasant and well maintained golf course was, not surprisingly, very busy on such a beautiful June weekend. The Saturday was a little slow but absolutely fine. Sunday, however, was painfully slow. This was simply due to large groups taking far too long searching for balls etc with no regard for those behind. It simply needed a course marshall to be moving around the course reminding players of their reponsibilities. To take well over 5 hours (as a 2 ball) is not acceptable, and that is with other groups walking off in disgust. The complaints from other groups in the bar later were plentiful. A real shame as I would think twice about returning simply because of this. Easily sorted!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThemaceSomerset
Jordan10101, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear ThemaceSomerset,

Thank you for the 5 star review.
I am delighted our award winning team impressed you during your golf break. I will certainly share your feedback with the team so they are aware of the great feedback.

I will also raise your feedback with our Golf Operations Manager for future reference regarding the Course Marshall.

Thank you for the stunning feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Nice hotel set in a very nice area, staff very friendly at all times and they seem to be genuinely there to serve the customer. Even allowed early check-in without any issues. The room was nice enough and of high quality. The gym was a good size with plenty of equipment. This hotel really shows how things should be done. The only minor drawback the room service menu is priced high for the items that are provided.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank cs233

Dear cs233,

Thank you for the 5 star review.
I am thrilled to hear such positive feedback regarding the facilities and our award winning team.
I will make sure the team are aware of the stunning feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

First visit to this 4 star hotel exceeded expectations in virtually all aspects. Our room was a good size, with all needed facilities (except a mini fridge), clean comfortable and very quiet as we had requested. There is a golf course on site which could be booked as part of a break for small or larger groups, whilst we did not play on this occasion a discussion with a golfer suggested this is a lovely course and we will take our clubs on our next visit. The spa and leisure facilities were very good, large pool, sauna and steam room with plenty of sitting/relaxer beds. Did not use spa but appeared to offer pre booked or last minute treatments. Restaurant for breakfast and dinner was pleasantly decorated and comfortable and was able to cope with a group of golfers as well as other hotel guests. A similar menu was also available in the lounge bar so you could choose where to eat although we felt it would have been better to have a different menu for the more relaxed bar lounge environment.
In the heart of the ironbridge gorge area this hotel was well placed to visit all of the local attractions as well as close to rail and road links.

Room Tip: Just ask for your preference and they do their best to provide
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank teddyjs550

Dear teddyjs550,

Thank you for the 5 star review.
I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and our facilities received your vote of approval.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for that game of golf.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Had a great day friendly and helpful staff. Special mention for Kerry in the Golf bar, great customer service going above and beyond.

The Spa day was excellent. Facilities were very good and treatments were out of this world. I had the fit for business and it was the best massage I have ever had and I've had plenty. The ladies in the Spa were fantastic at their jobs diligent polite and helpful. Ashleigh who did my massage was fantastic at her job and a credit to herself. Note to management,Please bring in a gratuity scheme for the staff as it is all well and good to write a nice review but a monetary reward for a job well done is better.

We will be back and keep up the great work.

Tim Savva

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimS1871
Jordan10101, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Tim S,

Thank you for the 5 star review.
I'm am delighted to hear you enjoyed the facilities within the Resort for your Spa Day experience.
Special recognition for Kerry in our Gorge Bar and also Ashleigh within the Spa Department for their excellent customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Jordan Charles

Reviewed 13 June 2018

The rooms were clean, spacious and the bed was comfy all aiding a peaceful night sleep. The breakfast buffet was top notch and catered for everyone. I visited here on a business trip so had no tip to use the facilities so I can't offer much advise on that. It was busy however and the bar had a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and all the staff were helpful when called upon.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear SheffieldRich,

Thank you for the stunning review.
I am thrilled to hear the business trip went well and the Resort could cater for your needs while on business.
I will certainly pass your feedback onto the Housekeeping and Bar Team for making you feel very welcome.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Jordan Charles