All reviews international centre swimming pool two double beds air con leisure facilities nice pool exhibition centre refurbished room town park convenient location good size leisure club ice rink the hotel is clean reception staff real ale plenty of parking
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Needed a rest after a busy weekend. Booking the room via the IHG app was seamless. A Sunday night booking was good value for money, and the bed was very comfortable.

I would have preferred a wider menu choice for dinner, but the food was good.

Breakfast - bacon was a bit overcooked. But overall, a nice hotel. And it always helps when you have friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear TheEpee

Thank you very much for telling us about your recent stay and I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. The IHG app is great isn't it?!

I hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel last minute as we had to leave our holiday cottage early due to personal reasons so glad I did ,I can not recommend this hotel enough, fantastic staff,great service. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear kateroid, thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful review of our hotel. I will certainly be passing this on to the team here and I am sure they will be delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay!
We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Wonderful customer service! Far better than expected- room was fab and clean, swimming pool is great and felt like we were valued customers! Well done holiday inn- would stay again. Only reason i haven't given it a five was because of the noise from other guests, but that is a hard one for the hotel to control especially on a bank holiday weekend! The restaurant food was brilliant too!

Room Tip: Book the swimming pool as soon as you arrive- it gets booked up if during school holidays
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear mrscatred

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate the feedback. I do apologise for any noise disturbance you experienced, the hotel was pretty busy over the bank holiday weekend but our staff did their best to look after everyone so I'm glad that overall you had a great stay - we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

An above average property on the scale of Holiday Inn Standards. All staff encountered offered super customer service, especially the bar staff who were accommodating and pleasantly mannered. They were happy to meet my individual meal requests and nothing seemed too much trouble. The food that arrived was prompt and of a good standard. The hotel bedroom was an executive double which was spotlessly clean and offered all the little extras that you could require....even a small bar of Cadbury’s chocolate which was a nice little bonus. The only negative point was the rowdy bar/reception area in the evening, especially around a section which appeared to have been purposely organised to entertain children, of which there were many. A trip to the ladies involved stepping over several children who were screaming and rolling around the floor at 11pm. After a chaotic week working both my partner and I were optimistic of a quiet, relaxing evening of pleasant conversation and a glass of wine, this sadly wasn’t to be the case. The Holiday Inn brand is I believe is focused on encouraging families with younger guests, which as a parent I appreciate, but there perhaps could be limits on areas or times that small children are allowed to play freely to allow both families and guests requiring a quieter experience the opportunity to have a pleasant stay. I enjoy spending weekends and breaks away with my children but ensure their behaviour doesn’t affect other guests. All in all the hotel provided a good standard of accommodation and food and even the lively bar area wouldn’t prevent me from staying again- perhaps next time we will head out to find somewhere slightly more sedate to dine.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Br0nte76

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. I'm glad that, overall, you enjoyed your time with us and that you would come and stay again.

I do apologise that our bar area was noisy late at night and appreciate what you had been hoping to experience. You're right that the Holiday Inn brand is focussed on ensuring that families feel able to relax and be themselves and this hotel is very popular with family units, partly due to our lovely swimming pool and partly due to our location so close to the amazing Ironbridge Gorge. Coupled with the six weeks summer holiday/bank holiday weekend, it did mean that public areas were exceptionally busy.

I hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We held a milestone birthday party for my mum here in August. We also had 10 rooms booked for guests. It was the easiest party to arrange Gareth took care of all the arrangements with fantastic communication at every stage. On our arrival we had Robin looking after us. He made sure we had everything we needed throughout the evening. The staff on check in were brilliant especially with the exacting demands of the age group! We had ground floor rooms for those that needed them. The bar staff throughout the evening and security staff made sure we had every need taken care of. I would definitely recommend this venue both the function room and hotel. Thank you Holiday Inn Telford for making my mum’s birthday party so special!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Dennylan

Thank you so much for this special feedback for the team. I have made sure to pass it on to everyone and its really made their day. I hope we will be able to welcome you, your family and friends back on a future occasion.