“Lovely food good surroundings ”
Review of Tiffins Swindon

Tiffins Swindon
Ranked #39 of 472 Restaurants in Swindon
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have just visited Tiffins for the first time. We chose a bank holiday afternoon and to start with the restaurant was fairly quiet.

The waiting staff are all polite and first impressions are that there are a lot of them.

The decor all appeared clean and new, and we particularly liked the display of lights.

The food was plentiful with many curries, rices and accompaniments to choose from, including all the Indian menu favourites.

One of the biggest problems with this kind of buffet style restaurant can be that the food goes cold, not here all of the dishes we tried were piping hot, and all delicious.

All in all a great meal in pleasant surroundings would definitely come again.

1  Thank greenbow

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We called at Tiffins and had the best of welcome, the staff were very friendly and attentive. The restaurant was spotlessly clean and comfortable. We paid £16.99 per head and the choice of starters, mains and desserts was excellent. The food was well labelled and plentiful. There was a good variety of drinks available at good prices. Can’t wait to visit again next time we are in Swindon. Well done Raj and team.

1  Thank macandloo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Vast new restuarant in Regent Circus with excellent decor. we'd heard good things and my son loves a buffet restaurant, so decided to give it a go. We had asked for a quieter table as my daughter is autistic, and they came up trumps. The service waas excellent and recommended, but we came away with mixed views.
The starters/naan breads etc were poor. I was very pleasantly surprised with the range and quality of the main courses, vegetarian side dishes.
Like any buffet restaurant the puddings were pretty grim, although the ice cream seemed popular. Soft drinks were not branded and tasted cheap.

1  Thank Lucy146
Reviewed 2 April 2018

All you can eat for £16.95, can't go wrong really. The starters are good, plenty to choose from, the main course curries are nice, there's plenty of them but I couldn't see any good hot curries such as jalfrezi. Still managed to fill up nicely. The desserts are pretty standard with a chocolate fountain and ice cream as well. Because it's a first time visit a very helpful member of staff showed us where everything is and how it all works, he even mentioned if there's a particular dish you can't see, they would make it for you. Very good overall.

1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Not entirely sure about this place.

We were greeted warmly about 4.30 Saturday afternoon and shown to a table straight away. Was not given a second as the waitress asked what drinks we wanted and some popadoms sent over.

I asked about the food and she replied just go up and help yourself.

Found the plates and mooched around the buffet counters seeing what was on offer.

Lots of various starters pakora, onion bhajees, sheek kebab etc. Plenty of various curries to choose from, chicken, lamb and vegetable. All different tastes and heat to suit everyone.
The prawn curries came out just before 5.30 when the evening and more expensive session starts.
Various rices to choose from, salads also and dips/sauces.

Fresh fruits, gateaux and ice cream bar for pudding.

Our first drinks came fast but I did not like drinking my cocktail as nice as it was out of a plastic glass. The cutlery is awful, very heavy, clumsy and cheap.

Most of the food we tried was pretty tasty. It was hot and fresh. The chicken was of decent quality and big chunks. Nan bread was like gold dust in there as they only made one type but was very dry and bland.

Second round of drinks didn't appear so we asked again and was charged 3 rounds instead of two, this was rectified when paying.

The decor leaves a lot to be desired. It's almost like there's 3 or 4 owners and they all wanted their input. In the centre is two very garish blue led fountains which has seating all the way around. I found the constant movement of the "water" annoying as I was facing it. There are booths to sit in and plenty of tables, which are not too close to one another. Along one wall is a huge mirror and around the walls are photos of food and places in India. In one corner is a traditional cycle rickshaw which I thought was lovely, but on the whole the decor is a mish mash and it doesn't flow.

Food wise, I think it wasn't bad for a buffet and the lunch price is pretty reasonable, however I would not pay the more expensive dinner price.

The service was touch and go depending who was around to assist you.

I would potentially return with the kids so they could experience it.

2  Thank Prue143