All reviewsprunesguest housewonderful hostsshared showerfelt very much at homemeat eatersfresh fruitb and bplace to staycooked optionssuperb breakfastcomfy bedstayed nightsfull englisha great staycomfortable stayglenn
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Chuckles is not simply a guesthouse, it's like home!
Nina and Glenn give you a warm welcome to their amazing, clean, tidy and comfortable guesthouse. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the shared bathrooms, showers and toilets are always hygienically cleaned and shining. My room was very nice with a large queen size bed that was so comfortable that I was not able to wake up in the morning, lol! last but not least, the breakfast! Something incredibly delicious! Fresh and good fruit every morning, tosted bread with homemade fruit jam, plus English breakfast or scrambled eggs with salmon (you can't believe how good they are) lovingly cooked by the hosts!
Well, this place is way better than so many hotels out there, believe me!
Thanks Nina and Glenn!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for the lovely review Matteo, it was great having you as a guest. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and we wish you good luck in your new job and flat.

All the best,

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We just stayed for one night and wished we were able to stay longer. Nina & Glenn were so welcoming and the guesthouse was excellent. Spotlessly clean, a comfy bed & fantastic breakfast - great for both meat eaters & vegetarians alike & do try the prunes & apricots!
Thank you so much - we will be back soon!!
Liz & Sean - London

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for the lovely review and glad you enjoyed the cultural day out on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with a friend. Spotless and very comfortable, I wish there was a Chuckles everywhere I go on holiday. Such generous hosts, if in town, look no further.

A great breakfast was just the sugar on top.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My two old school friends and I needed a reasonably - priced place to stay in Derby for a mini-reunion week-end. I have to confess that I booked Chuckles just because it seemed to be a funny name for a guest house but all three of us were delighted with the whole package. From a very warm welcome, through ensuring that we knew of good places to eat, to some quirky interior design (with some original artwork and clever use of space), a very comfortable bed and last but not least to the superb breakfast, we couldn't fault our stay. Nina and Glenn were very attentive hosts and clearly wanted their guests to have a great time, both in the guesthouse and in Derby at large. Now I need an excuse to return to Derby for a second stay.

Room Tip: The twin room at the back on the first floor was quiet and had a lovely view of the patio garden and the city beyond.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SussexOrdinary
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends and glad you had a great time with us and in Derby. Hope to see you all in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We received a great welcome from the moment we pulled up outside when we were helpfully provided with a free parking permit. Our rooms were clean and relatively modern with plenty of towels and tea/coffee making facilities in-room. The beds were very comfy with decent pillows and crisp linen. The shared shower rooms and toilets were like something from a boutique hotel! Very up market and very well kept. We all opted for the veggie breakfast which was exceptional - a full English along with fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, toast, marmalade, jam etc etc. Great coffee too. I cannot fault this B&B, Glenn and Nina provide an exemplary service and should be very proud of themselves. I strongly recommend.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Wow! Thank you so much for this glowing review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Best wishes, Glenn and Nina