“As good as it gets”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Derby
Chuckles Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 24 Derby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2015

A really welcoming place with individualized, comfortable rooms and spotlessly clean throughout. Superb breakfast and we came away with a print-out of suppliers of veggie black pudding! Looking for reasons to go back to Derby now so that I can enjoy staying at Chuckles again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the building for a view of trees and lovely garden
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly our vegetarian breakfast! Hope you do find another reason visit as it would be a delight to welcome you back! Thank you for posting the review, it is greatly appreciated. All best wishes, Glenn and Nina

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

Not sure I can fault anything, very nice people warm and friendly. Beautifully set out rooms, with more than everything one needs including wifi and a lovely warm bed. It was recommended to me and I would recommend it to anyone.
Had a great veggie cooked breakfast

Stayed: May 2015
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Thanks Alex, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay ... and breakfast! Hope to see you again.
All best wishes, Glenn & Nina

Reviewed 26 April 2015

Chuckles Guesthouse is excellent. Stayed for five nights. Centrally located with extremely easy access to the town centre - a couple of minutes walk to the high street and shops. The room was clean and comfortable - decorated tastefully - and the facilities completed to a high spec: strong, hot showers. A good choice available for breakfast; I particularly liked the scrambled egg and salmon - always served with care. The hosts, Glenn and Nina, were welcoming; friendly and warm. I'd like to thank them both for such a relaxing stay and sterling service. I've stayed at many B&Bs and I would highly recommended Chuckles. Book now!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

I realise I say this to everyone, but we really do appreciate you taking the time to write and post a review, particularly one so glowing, so thank you very much. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. With best wishes. Glenn & Nina

Reviewed 25 April 2015

It is impossible to feel anything other than utter happiness when you visit Chuckles guest house. I stayed here mid-week for regular Derby business trips during 2015. Glenn and Nina are very welcoming and easygoing. I received the same amount of empathy and attention every week at Chuckles than I do when I occasionally visit my parents in Scotland! At the same time I didn't feel like I was staying in someone else's house... there's a good balance between personal space, as you would expect from a professional business, and the personal touch.

The only challenging thing here is the on street parking, but I think it's something you'll find in almost all built up areas. I'd say the very central location, plenty of nearby multi-story car parks and Nina's sharp eye for parking wardens make up for the hassle.

There is obviously a huge amount of pride and attention that has gone into the décor (Glenn's artistic background is apparent in every detail), the layout, the linen, the heated tiles in the bathroom, the walk in waterfall shower... but most of all.... the breakfast. Oh the breakfast! You can choose for anything to be cooked, most of which will be organic, fresh and absolutely delicious. I'm well travelled and like to explore new food places so it was a brilliant surprise to find this little gem in Derby.

Go and stay here... immediately!

Room Tip: I like the attic room because it is quiet. I slept with the window open to see the stars.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Thank you so much (again) for posting this amazing review. It was a real pleasure to see you each week and we miss you. Please do take care of yourself, all best wishes, Glenn & Nina

Reviewed 17 April 2015

Thank you again to the team at Chuckles, I've stayed here several times and it's always relaxed vibe and great breakfasts. Really can't recommend it enough to anyone looking for something special in Derby. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast! Shared showers but always totally clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo

Thanks for taking the time to write this Olly, hopefully we'll see you again soon in the not too distant future. Best wishes, Glenn & Nina