Aston Court Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
US$58
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$125
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Derby Pride Park(Derby)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprunesguest houselovely hostscity centreshared showerscrambled eggs with salmonfelt very much at homemeat eatersfresh fruitplace to stayb and bin easy walking distancecooked optionsstayed longersuperb breakfastwet roomcomfy bed
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

Not sure I can fault anything, very nice people warm and friendly. Beautifully set out rooms, with more than everything one needs including wifi and a lovely warm bed. It was recommended to me and I would recommend it to anyone.
Had a great veggie cooked breakfast

Stayed: May 2015
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Thanks Alex, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay ... and breakfast! Hope to see you again.
All best wishes, Glenn & Nina

Reviewed 26 April 2015

Chuckles Guesthouse is excellent. Stayed for five nights. Centrally located with extremely easy access to the town centre - a couple of minutes walk to the high street and shops. The room was clean and comfortable - decorated tastefully - and the facilities completed to a high spec: strong, hot showers. A good choice available for breakfast; I particularly liked the scrambled egg and salmon - always served with care. The hosts, Glenn and Nina, were welcoming; friendly and warm. I'd like to thank them both for such a relaxing stay and sterling service. I've stayed at many B&Bs and I would highly recommended Chuckles. Book now!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

I realise I say this to everyone, but we really do appreciate you taking the time to write and post a review, particularly one so glowing, so thank you very much. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. With best wishes. Glenn & Nina

Reviewed 25 April 2015

It is impossible to feel anything other than utter happiness when you visit Chuckles guest house. I stayed here mid-week for regular Derby business trips during 2015. Glenn and Nina are very welcoming and easygoing. I received the same amount of empathy and attention every week at Chuckles than I do when I occasionally visit my parents in Scotland! At the same time I didn't feel like I was staying in someone else's house... there's a good balance between personal space, as you would expect from a professional business, and the personal touch.

The only challenging thing here is the on street parking, but I think it's something you'll find in almost all built up areas. I'd say the very central location, plenty of nearby multi-story car parks and Nina's sharp eye for parking wardens make up for the hassle.

There is obviously a huge amount of pride and attention that has gone into the décor (Glenn's artistic background is apparent in every detail), the layout, the linen, the heated tiles in the bathroom, the walk in waterfall shower... but most of all.... the breakfast. Oh the breakfast! You can choose for anything to be cooked, most of which will be organic, fresh and absolutely delicious. I'm well travelled and like to explore new food places so it was a brilliant surprise to find this little gem in Derby.

Go and stay here... immediately!

Room Tip: I like the attic room because it is quiet. I slept with the window open to see the stars.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Thank you so much (again) for posting this amazing review. It was a real pleasure to see you each week and we miss you. Please do take care of yourself, all best wishes, Glenn & Nina

Reviewed 17 April 2015

Thank you again to the team at Chuckles, I've stayed here several times and it's always relaxed vibe and great breakfasts. Really can't recommend it enough to anyone looking for something special in Derby. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast! Shared showers but always totally clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo

Thanks for taking the time to write this Olly, hopefully we'll see you again soon in the not too distant future. Best wishes, Glenn & Nina

Reviewed 15 March 2015

Hospitality, room, food, location, showers, toilet; all brilliant. This is a lovely place to stay. As I was visiting to attend Derby's great photography festival, Format, I also appreciated many of the interesting photographs and prints on the walls. I'm writing this Sunday evening, quite tired but happy after a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: I only saw one room. Oak beam and interesting sloping ceiling and a desk. I was more than happy with it.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2015

Thank you very much for this great review Mark, we enjoyed you staying with us! Let us know if you'd like any more details about the postcards. Best wishes Glenn & Nina