Open today: 11:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Friendly, fun and challenging

I've been coming here for over four years, starting with a first steps course in climbing. I've... read more

Reviewed 7 October 2018
Helena P
The best!

The warehouse climbing centre is absolutely amazing! The routes are very well set especially in the... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2018
millis213
Gloucester, United Kingdom

All reviews bouldering room birthday party party food party bags nice balance cafe bar hour session great fun mice climbers instructor diving abilities caves activity warehouse challenges
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I joined this gym for a month and climbed there seven times. I did not get bored of the routes during this time. I really appreciate gyms with realistic rock faces, and the walls in this gym try their best to recreate an actual outdoor climbing experience.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We took 8 children for our daughter’s eleventh birthday - four girls and four boys.
Nathan looked after the children and was amazing, funny and extremely entertaining - the climbing was good too!
Highly recommended

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Third time we have been and they've been brilliant every time. First time we just wanted a look round after the send closed in Hereford and we got a full guided tour. The kids have since done a rock mice session which they loved and then today we went caving which they enjoyed even more although I have a fair few bruises from it. All the staff we've seen have been helpful and Zoe (I think) who showed us round and did the rock mice session and jim who took us caving were superb with the kids (and me). Love the place and can't wait to take the kids back

Date of experience: February 2018
Jeremy C, General Manager at Warehouse Climbing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for providing us with feedback. It is great to hear you have enjoyed so much of the centre. Zoe and Jim will be really please when I tell them you have mentioned them personally. It is lovely to share this with the team members. We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Brilliant. 100% recommend.

We had our daughters birthday party here on Sunday - not been before and booked 'blindly' on the back of another recommendation. Travelled over from Malvern - our daughter invited 12 of her friends for a 2 hour party. Everyone of them had a really brilliant time, with two or three coming away from the place telling their parents they want a climbing party for their birthday!

We had popped in a couple of weeks before merely to get our bearings and the lady on duty was brilliant, giving us a quick tour and explaining the layout of the party. 3 different activities then lunch in one of the party rooms.

You have a host for the 2 hours (forget her name but she was great). Can honestly say we are delighted we booked the venue. Every member of staff was happy and helpful. Party food was exactly what we expected. As for the party room - we took our own balloons and added a few things to the party bags as had been told by the lady a few weeks before that the bags only contained wristband and insert.

The climbing itself was split in to three half hour slots. The first one being a game - which really helped some of the less confident kids to get into things and not worry about the next stage which was the climbing wall. All took part with no problems.

Really pleased and pretty sure a few of the group will be booking their party here too! Nice cafe downstairs too - so parents can relax their if they prefer - or, as most did, theres plenty of room in each of the activities for parents to watch and encourage.

Re parking - no parking be warned - car park literally around the corner at the docks. 1 min stroll away.

Spot on. Thank you!

Date of experience: February 2018
Jeremy C, General Manager at Warehouse Climbing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are really pleased that everything went well with your daughters party. We always share feedback with the staff. We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My daughter had a caving party here for her 9th birthday. By and large it was a good experience - all but one of the kids loved the caving and had lots of fun. One child was too frightened to go in, and I have to say the staff member who tried to coax her back in did a sterling job - he was really kind and encouraging, explained exactly what was involved so she could picture the route, reassured her about break-out options etc - though she decided against it in the end. My husband did the route with the party, and felt terribly claustrophobic - he didn't enjoy the cramped twisting tunnels! I think this is one of those activities that you either love or hate.
The party room was decked out like a cave, with boulder murals and simple wooden tables and benches. Luckily we had brought party decorations and music to make it feel a bit more festive. Food consisted of large quantities of pizza followed by mini-milk ice creams, which they nearly forgot to give out! Unlike the staff on the caving activity, who were great, the cafe staff seemed to be sleeping on the job. I must have asked 3 or 4 times for the toilet paper in the ladies' toilet to be replenished.
One last criticism, and one which was probably the least forgivable, was the party bags, which were so bad I had to apologise to the children for them. These consisted of a clear cellophane bag containing some advertising materials - a yellow Warehouse wristband and an out-of-date voucher for a return visit/party. Luckily we had some balloons to give out to make up for it, but the children were clearly disappointed, and in fact half the bags had found their way onto the floor during the meal because they didn't even look like party bags, just the advertising tat that they were. I don't think the Warehouse realise that children put a lot of store by party bags. I asked afterwards at reception about the deluxe version (for which you have to pay an extra £3 pp), and gathered that this had 3 more branded items in it e.g. key fob - i.e. nothing exciting. I don't mind the Warehouse handing out promotional material, but they shouldn't call it a party bag - we would have prepared our own if we had known exactly how un-festive they were.
One other word of warning to all visitors, allow a decent amount of time for traffic (there is a real bottleneck just before you turn into the street) and parking (which you may or may not find in the public car parks near by - depending on the time of day).
If the Warehouse got the party bags right then this would be a very good party venue.

Date of experience: September 2017
Jeremy C, General Manager at Warehouse Climbing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your recent Caving party experience at The Warehouse. We review all feedback and try to learn as much from it as possible. We understand your comments regarding the party bag and will amend the way we sell. We offered the standard bag as an option for children to take home party cake and therefore did not charge for the bags. I am pleased to hear that the children enjoyed the caving activity as we have tried to get the balance right for a cave experience but in a safe environment.