“P Bartlett”

Ranked #110 of 490 Restaurants in Peterborough
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Visited Pizza Express with a friend as I had always enjoyed their food and was raving about it to my friend as to how tasty their pizzas were. I was so disappointed with my pizza as I had a Sloppy Giuseppe and my friend had an American. My friends was burnt and did not want to complain but was was even worse they were absolutely tasteless. I asked for chilli oil hoping it might add a bit of spiciness to it and I did put quite a bit on but that did nothing, so I thought maybe if I had some parmesan it might give it some flavour. The cheese looked like it had been sitting on the side for a while and did not have a smell it taste. My friend does not like too much hot spicy foods even ventured to put some chilli oil on his pizza which was a one off for him, and had to admit that the chilli oil was bland. I had to apologies because I was saying how tasty their pizzas was. It was the worse bland pizza I have ever eaten. Our meal was so disappointing and my friend said that he would have been better off purchasing an Iceland pizza which he would have enjoyed more at one tenth of the cost and I agree with him. Needless to say that was and will be my last visit to Pizza Express.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 26 June 2018

It is what it is, service wasn't the greatest. Food was pretty bland/average. It didn't make me think I'll come back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We were given a £25 voucher to spend at Pizza express as a thank you. We went on a Wednesday night we got a table straight away. Staff were friendly and helpful. It was really nice as the staff didn't hound you and gave you time to decide what you wanted to eat. Good dough balls and pizza.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 10 May 2018

whilst staying in p/borough for the truck fest, on the sat night around 7.45pm I went to pizza express to which i had booked a table the week before, I was shown my table which was next to the door,and the waitress that served me remembered me from visiting Peterborough last year, I had the 6 dough balls & garlic butter then I ordered the american hot wow was tad hot swilled down with two bottles of none alcoholic lager, and this is well worth the visit when staying in p/borough.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I'm not a pizza man but I needed to convert Tesco vouchers into coupons (or is it the reverse of that?!) before they expired and also before the x4 offer was withdrawn (to be replaced by x3 in June?).
This has led us to a couple of visits. Food OKish and cheapest wine (for which one has to pay full wack!) just drinkable.
ps We used to see Peter Boizot (founder of Pizza Express) lunching out in Peterborough although he, like us, clearly preferred Lee Clarke's cooking. Hoping he's 'still on his feet'?!

Date of visit: April 2018