“Hungry walker”

Lakeside Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #65 of 485 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Set in the heart of Ferry Meadows Country Park, Lakeside Kitchen & Bar is family run restaurant that serves quality, locally sourced food throughout the day – all with spectacular views of Gunwade Lake.
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I was on the nene way walk and noticed lakeside in the distance so ,I decided to take a Diversion because I was getting hungry lucky I did when I got there I had a full English plus a filter coffee the price was 8.95 plus 2.00 for the coffee.The service great I didn't have wait long,I did think I hope I get my money's worth I wasn't disappointed I left a happy walker

1  Thank James C

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Hosted our wedding reception here and it was lovely. They did a stunning job setting tables and setting the cake up. Went for BBQ option and was amazing although we did over order on food it turned out! Set up our own music to play over their speakers which was easy to do and easy to set the volume. Evening views over the lake were gorgeous. Staff so friendly and helpful!

Made a lovely reception venue and would use them again for any event.

Raj R, Owner at Lakeside Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review and comments, so pleased you enjoyed yourselves. We do have a fantastic team and are lucky to have a wonderful location.

Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times for coffee when walking the dog. Is nice enough. Dog friendly indoor area. Coffee is ok but not best in area. Service could be a little more friendly although not bad by any means. 3/5 seems a little harsh but 4/5 seems bit generous!

Cakes look nice and they have a decent looking food menu

Raj R, Manager at Lakeside Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thanks a lot for the feedback. We will definitely look at our coffee standards again based on your feedback. We generally pride on providing one of the best coffee in town and that is disappointing to hear. Be assured we will look at this straight away.
Hope we can score better on your next visit and you will give our food and cake a try too.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We had our wedding reception here in April and the whole team at Lakeside were exceptional, especially Raj and Louise who were so accommodating and went out of their way to make our day just as we had imagined. The whole place looked beautiful, especially on gloriously sunny day, all the staff were really friendly and the food was delicious too. We would absolutely recommend Lakeside as a wedding venue, it was just perfect!

Imogen
Thanks a lot for the wonderful comment. You were one amazing bride who had it all so organised for us. It made our life so easy to run the event. We are so glad you chose us as your wedding venue.
All the best for the future and we will be seeing you around soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

A café in a lovely setting, perfect for taking a little break from a busy day in Ferry Meadows. Good for kids meals. Would be great if it stayed open for longer, it closes too early in my opinion.

Thanks a lot for your comment. You will soon see the restaurant opening till bit later as the weather is now improving. We look forward to seeing you soon.