“Beer and food ”

The Coopers
Ranked #105 of 485 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Coopers is my local pub. I’ve neglected it in the last two years but recently I’ve been putting that right. I like Real Ale, I like good food and I like friendly people. I like Coopers! It’s not a typical real ale pub - it sells loads more lagers, John Smiths and Guiness but they have two pumps which have a good, frequent variety of Ales.
I take my family (wife and 3 kids) there for a meal (the kids love it) and we always receive great service and a quality meal that doesn’t break the bank.
This is the kind of pub that every community should have and we’re lucky to have them.
I recommend this pub for family meals, beers and drinks with friends and fog walkers wanting a sneaky pint (it’s a dog friendly pub).

1  Thank sgoodliffe

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We have been visiting Coopers for a number of years and experienced various landlords and managers, some good and others not so good.

A few months ago, the place was reborn with Stewart and Sam taking over bringing with them what had been missing for sometime. It's now a real local at the centre of the community where "people really do know your name" and the good old pub life with a modern twist has returned.

The food's competitively priced and well worth a try - the ale selection changes on a regular basis so there's generally something for us ale drinkers. Perhaps one day they'll even bring back the IPA Reserve, not to be confused with the general IPA kept on tap for when they run out of drain cleaner!!

If you're looking for a change, give Coopers ago, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

The whole team are awesome ! Made us all feel very welcome . Compliments to the kitchen staff . A huge improvement since the new management took over. Can't compliment enough and highly recommend !

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Visited here for a quick bite to eat and really enjoyed it, from start to finish we had great friendly service good food for very reasonable prices. Venue could do with a bit of refurb as furniture is a bit tired but apart from that very impressed.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

My girlfriend and I took her mum, nan and uncle out for Easter lunch, when we arrived I was a bit dubious about the place. The location is familiar, with my grandparents having run the sheltered housing nearby so it felt nice being back somewhere with ties. When I walked in through the doors I was a bit hesitant as it was a very loud pub, but when we got our drinks I felt at home and I soon setted in, in fact we all did.

The bar staff are incredibly friendly. polite and welcoming, the atmosphere is fantastic, food is beautiful and I'm honestly glad I gave Coopers a shot! We were originally going to go to the Granary, however with their history of being out of stock of everything on the menu, Coopers was a good shot, even though service was a little slow, the food arrived piping hot and delicious and was quickly demolished from the plates.

My only suggestion, would be to iron out the kinks in the time between courses as there was a little bit of a long wait for our food, but damn well worth it!

I'll be visiting again for sure, maybe this time for a date with the girlfriend, thank you for all there who made the day great!