“Fathers Day Lunch”

Price range: US$24 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Cuckoo in Alwalton is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely place in a quaint village with thatched roofed cottages. Staff friendly and the food was great!!

General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckoo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you muchly for the five stars! we all at the cuckoo appreciate your wonderful comments and are looking forward to your next visit. Take care

Write a ReviewReviews (1 170)

13 - 17 of 1 170 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m sitting in the restaurant having just finished my ‘Lamb Duo’ with a side of cheesy mushrooms. Wifey had Chicken & Thyme pie.
Beautiful. Couldn’t have been nicer.
And cool music too!
Cheers Guys.

General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckoo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Richard I, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,
The Cuckoo

Reviewed 2 June 2018

I wrote a review on 22 April which was critical of the service received and I said that I would give it one more chance which my wife and I did on 30th May when we were en route from Gateshead to Suffolk where we live. This time we ate in the bar rather than the restaurant as we were in a hurry. We have always found this to be significantly quicker in the past and so it proved on this occasion. There was a slight delay on getting the drinks and as a new person was receiving training but this was acceptable. It was "Pie" Wednesday so I had the game pie and wife had the fish pie. We were both very pleased with it as they arrived quickly, were hot and very tasty. I managed to knock over a milk jug but the our server cleaned up without any fuss and in a very friendly manner. I did not get her name but she was very good. A much better experience on our last visit and hopefully it will be the case when we next visit.

General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckoo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hello Tony, Thank you for taking your valuable time to leave us an amazing review. We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us and we all at the Cuckoo are proud to hear we changed your views of us. Thank you for your praise and kind comments about our team and food. We look forward to your next visit. Take care

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend The Cuckoo. The service was excellent, however our visit was elevated due to the exceptional culinary skills of Josh. Not only did he prepare our delicious Sunday roasts but they were also delivered to our table with a smile. I would encourage everyone to give The Cuckoo a visit. The location is beautiful and there is a large selection of local ales for anyone interested. My compliments to the chef.

General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckoo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear edify169, we are very pleased to hear about your recent positive experience at The Cuckoo. We look forward to see you soon. Have a great day

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Food was ok- the steak was not the best and the chips and onion rings were not as crispy as expected but the blue cheese sauce was fantastic!

As we left the pub was very busy which was good to see as it is a lovely place to eat.

Dear Natshore, sorry to hear about your disappointment with your steak on your last visit at The Cuckoo, I shall pass your comments to our Kitchen Manager to make sure that action is taken so this does not happen again. Hope you gives us another try. All the very best. Team Cuckoo