“Sunday Buffet is Cracking”

East Oriental Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
East Oriental Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 474 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$24 - US$40
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: East Restaurant brings a true taste of the Orient to the Upper Deck at Charters, moored at the Town Bridge on the River Nene in Peterborough.Relax with family and friends over dinner and watch the world go by on the River Nene.Take a shopping break, unwind a little and sample our special lunchtime menu.
Reviewed 9 June 2018

A lovely Sunday buffet only spoiled by the limited selection of dishes.

Compared to the normal buffet fare on offer locally this is in my view reasonable value.

The price of £12.95 is in my view touching the limit for the selection but overall the best buffet on a Sunday by a mile

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Best meal that I have had in Peterborough. Starter was excellent, main course was excellent and all my colleagues also loved their food. Will be back.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We always go here. Never a disappointment. Always 10/10 for all criteria. Loved it here. Huge selection, well executed food presentation and very knowledgeable staff who are super friendly

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

There were about 20 of us in our party, there were a number of others in there, couples and groups, it was pretty full which is a good sign on a Tuesday.
The staff coped well with the numbers, service was prompt and attentive.
The food was excellent and varied for both the starters and mains, special praise for the patterned prawns, best I’ve ever had, just melted in the mouth. As is usual for a Chinese, the dessert choice was limited and uninspiring, although tasty and well prepared.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

The two of fancied Chinese food and did a quick Tripadvisor search and came up with East. The welcome was fine. The restaurant was empty and remained that way all the time we were there. It took a bit of an effort to get a smile from the waiter but service was excellent. Our starters were very good indeed but my main was decidedly greasy. When I went to pay a service charge of 15% had been added to the bill. I do object to this as I prefer to tip according to the service received rather being made to!