There were about 40 of us in this spacious property and we could have had 20 more of us. It was a really good location for accessing all parts of North Wales.
We were not left wanting for anything, the house is really well equipped for all ages with huge games room.
It's brilliantly equipped and will not disappoint the most discerning visitors... thoroughly modern throughout and with great facilities... just can't speak highly enough of it.
If you're looking for a place for a lot of you then you won't be disappointed.
Stayed here over Easter weekend for my 40th with 30 family and friends. A great venue well equipped with plenty of space. The size of the venue allowed the kids to explore and play with a great basement games room. The lounge had a great projector TV which let the dads watch the England match. All rooms were clean, tidy and fresh, don't be put off by lack of parking, parking is very easy and the village is very quiet. The basement has a quirky window in the floor with a stream running underneath. We hope to visit again in the future.
We have spent a wonderful week at Mountain View holiday rental, in a group of 8 families - 16 adults and 21 children aged from 3 to (nearly) 13.
It was a fabulous find - it's a great venue for a large group - beautifully equipped, plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms, 2 ovens, 2 micorwaves, 3 large fridge freezers, games area, disco/cinema room - pretty much everything we needed. The location is fantastic - short walk to the beach, short (very steep!) walk up into the hills/mountains, near the lovely town of Conwy, as well as Anglesey and Snowdonia, all with loads to see and do. A week wasn't long enough!
Penmaenmawr itself has a surprisingly good selection of takeaways, as well as a well-stocked Spar, a newsagent, some interesting antique shops and a variety of other shops, too.
Some things to be aware of regarding the house, however:
1) There is no outside area, except for the parking. (It has a very small area of decking with picnic benches in the parking area, but it's next to the parking and open to the road). Though it's close to the beach, first you have to cross the high road, then walk down a path and under a subway, so children need to be accompanied by adults. However, the house is huge, so there is plenty of indoor space - particularly good for a holiday in the cooler or wetter months! (The house is very warm!)
2) The dormitories, which can sleep up to about 30 or so, share one end of the house, with the upstairs dorm being a mezzanine floor above the bunk room (windows and blinds are shared on the two levels), and accessed via stairs at the far end. This means people in the upstairs dorm have to walk right through the bunk room and also that any noise can be heard throughout both rooms. This, of course, means it can be difficult to get children to bed at different times, and that the first to wake up is likely to wake everyone up! Lots of groups have stayed and clearly thoroughly enjoyed their time, so it can work, but best to be aware of this to be prepared. Luckily, with a relatively small group of only 37, we had spare rooms in the rest of the house which a few of the children moved to so they could get some sleep and some of the younger ones went in with parents. The bunk room proved a popular place for our girls to hang out together during the day.
3) There are 8 bedrooms with ensuite bath/shower rooms - one is a single (no space for extra bed or mattress) and one is on the ground floor, next to the dormitories. (We lasted one night there, then moved upstairs to a quieter room without an ensuite!)
4) The basement is fantastic, with pool table, table football, air hockey and darts, as well as the disco room cum cinema room (and a gorgeous sofa!). Great place for the children to hang out! The laundry room is also down there, as well as a family bedroom at the far end, with one double bed and a bunk bed - but the nearest toilet/shower is back up on the ground floor and through the dining and kitchen areas. There is also a very special feature with a window in the floor to the stream that flows under the house!
5) All the communal areas are interconnecting, with no doors or walls to separate them - ie the kitchen area is open to the dining area, which leads to the lounge area, with its breakfast bar (which doubled as a craft and colouring area for our group!). Off this is a staircase leading down to the basement, where the games and music systems were. This could get really quite noisy, with the noise from the music system competing with the TV just above it, also competing with the sound of talking - because most of the time, the majority of the group are likely to be in one of these areas, except when they are in bedrooms or out of the house. As we had a few 'older' children, a lot of the children stayed up until quite late and tended to be in the lounge - leaving the adults only the dining area to sit and talk. Of course, children could be given the basement area in the evening, while the adults have the upstairs lounge. You just have to be strict about the sound level of the music system if you want to be able to hear yourselves upstairs!
6) Though the bathrooms/shower rooms are stunning, they lack a few details: no shaver sockets, no mirror light (only an overhead light, which isn't great for shaving or doing makeup) and no shelves or anywhere to put wash things.
7) The kitchen is very well-stocked, with loads of cutlery, plates, glasses, mugs etc, as well as lots of pans, etc for cooking. We struggled to find a tin opener that worked (suggest taking your own to be on the safe side) and there was no tea pot (guess it's difficult to find one for 50 cups - but usually we were just doing a few at a time, so a couple of large teapots might have been nice).
8) It wasn't a problem for us, but as a previous reviewer commented, some of the stairs are quite steep, so it might not be ideal for groups with very young children (babies and toddlers).
All in all, an amazing house, and you shouldn't get at all bored, but be aware that you will be right on top of each other and will need to be very relaxed about sharing a space and about noise levels! Most of our group would very happily go back.
What a fantastic place! Group of adults and children stayed here for a weekend celebrating my husbands 40th. Brilliant house - the games room was amazing. Everyone loved it. Can highly recommend. Really is fantastic for a large gathering.
We visited Mountain View Self Catering Accommodation in February 2016 with friends and our young children 26 of us in total with 8 families. We loved the location the facilities. It was great for a large number as we knew it could sleep 50! Our young 6/7 year olds slept in the dormitory room on the bunk beds and the families had a double room mostly all have ensuite but if not there are plenty of bathrooms close by. Most of the double beds were super king size too! So the sleeping arrangements were awesome! The house being so large and in winter, it was extremely warm which was fantastic. Some of the rooms had a a little problem with the radiators at first but one of our friends was a dab hand at fixing things and it was soon working fine! If not a little too warm at times lol. The 2 dish washes 3 fridge Freezers and abundance of plates cups glasses and cutlery was great! There were 2 high chairs and lots games for the kids to do too.
We loved the basement/disco games room the upstairs lounge and cinema projection style, was amazing! The full sky tv package was fabulous and the boys really enjoyed the full sports package and watching the rugby on the big screen felt like being there!
The layout of the house was perfect as when the kids were in bed the noise from the music etc did not travel to their room even though it was on the same floor meaning the mums and dads could relax and enjoy a few drinks and not worry.
A couple of very, very minor niggles, would have liked locks on the doors of the bedroom and there were no locks on the bathroom doors. Also the spiral staircase leading to the basement area could have done with having a safety gate fitted for it as it was dangerous for very young children and the gates provided couldn't fit the style of staircase. We used chair cushions but they do not foil a 1 year old and a 3 years for very long lol.
All in all everything was fabulous! The owners were available if you needed anything and could not have been more accommodating the perfect party house for families or large groups. We will definitely be returning. Thank you for a fabulous weekend.