The Meetings(Arklow)
US$189
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsarklow bayleisure centrekids clublovely hotelswimming poolnight staylovely walkbreakfast roomfamily weddingmartinawalkswicklow
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here for a few days in February. Easy to find and right by the coast. Lovely location.
Hotel lobby was lovely and the bar was great. There was live music on our second night which we thoroughly enjoyed. The restaurant was the absolute highlight of this place. We ate in there both nights and the food was out of this world. Simply beautiful.
The polar opposite? The room. Not terrible but not much to write home about. It was quite dated and the view was poor.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah J
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

My second time here To Arklow Bay hotel on both occasions it was to attend a family wedding and I do have to say this they hold a spectacular wedding venue one of the best I have been to and I have been to many more stay here was so so Pleasant space the beds are extremely comfortable the rooms are clean and airy the bathroom is very clean I wasn’t too keen on the breakfast but many people were being as I’m an English person I’m not fond of the black pudding the food at the bar is very nice and I can easily say the staff took care of all of your needs and nothing was too much the surroundings are lovely and the swimming Paul is so beautiful

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggie H
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Spent the weekend here with my partner. Hotel was lovely and staff were very friendly.
It’s situated beside a lake and the weather was fantastic with music and a bar on the lawn.
Bar food was nice with plenty of options.
The leisure facilities were excellent, gym and pool well equipped and very clean. Towels provided and staff very friendly.
Would stay again

Stayed: June 2018
5  Thank rybry77
ArklowBayHotel, General Manager at Arklow Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I`m delighted to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel on your weekend away. I`m so pleased you got to enjoy the food and our new garden bar which was ready just in time for this gorgeous weather.

We look forward to you staying with us again soon.
Kind regards,
Marianne Fox.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous tasty fresh food from breakfast to dinner. The staff couldnt do enough for you. The chefs are allergy aware and very willing to help. There is a lovely garden and a nature walk. The band that was playing was brilliant. Lots of wildlife, plenty of space for kids. A free kids club. A shop 2 minutes down the road. The hotel was Re decorated and the grey and duck blue scheme of colours beautiful carpets are really lovely together. There is attention to details in the hotel like little teacups everywhere with fresh flowers. The beds were comfy and the advantage of an older hotel is real walls you don't hear your neighbours at all. We slept very well. Loved the tea coffee corner in the lobby, it has lots of choices and makes you sit down and enjoy the moment. But the Pool.... It's like it's run by a different company. You are greeted by the smell of urine as you get in the ladies changing rooms. The shower curtains are so dirty that their smell is lingering in the ladies showers. The Pool has mould breaking off the floor tiles and ending up in the Pool. When people clean the floor they push the water on the gutters around the Pool so you automatically walk on it before going into the water. I saw non swimming visitors walking in the Pool area with no shoe covers. It's a real pity because the hotel has so much going for it and then this. If the Pool was cleaned and a facility manager appointed to it we would come back. But I believe it's been like that for years...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ArklowBayHotel, General Manager at Arklow Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest,

I`m delighted you enjoyed all aspects of the food and service and the grounds of the hotel. I am pleased to hear the staff showed you the hospitality we strive for, and that you slept well.

With regards to your comments about our pool, We find them unfair and inaccurate and wish you would of given us a chance to address these with you at the time. There is absolutely no mould around our pool area. The pool is laboratory tested monthly and the results are always highly satisfactory. Our Leisure Club Manager and the team are very passionate about the leisure club and adhere to all best practices regarding industry standards. I am sorry you did not enjoy this aspect of the hotel.

It is only with feedback both positive and negative that we continue to improve what we offer here at the Arklow Bay hotel.

Regards,
Marianne Fox.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Stayed here for three nights with party of thirty six.Most enjoyable stay.Excellent staff and service.Rooms very comfortable.Breakfast and dinner first class.Many thanks to all definitely be back.........

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary B
ArklowBayHotel, General Manager at Arklow Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Mary,

Your very welcome. It was our pleasure to look after you and the rest of the group. I`m delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.Thank you for your lovely review. I`ll pass your comments on to the team.

We look forward to looking after you again in the future.
Warm regards,