Reviews (1 301)
1 302 results
All reviews tour group the pub bar staff the river top class central location lovely hotel one night stay car park friday night bar food ireland quay coach pubs ferry
38 - 43 of 1 302 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I am sorry to say thamont our dinner here was quite horrible. Mashed potatoes were cold served with a side of heated up frozen veg with no salt, pepper or butter, just in water. Salmon was served with the most bland sauce I have ever tasted. Blandest most ,dinner I have ever had. Husband had fish and chips, chips and flsh soggy. Would definetly suggest passing by in case you like bland and tasteless food.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarahjanelatimer
WaterfordDot, Operations Manager at Dooley's Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear sarahjanelatimer,

Thank you fro taking the time to review Dooley's Hotel . I am very disappointed to hear that you had such a horrible meal as this is certainly not our standard . I cannot comment on the quality of the food that you received as i did not see it but I can assure you that all our vegetables are fresh and not frozen . If you would like to contact me directly I would like to discuss the matter further with you .

Operations Manager,
operationsmanager@dooleys-hotel.ie

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. It was decorated with a nautical theme and very nice. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the service was good too. The location was also good within walking distance of shops.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ljc39991

Dear ljc39991,

Thank you for your 5 star review of Dooley's Hotel . It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and got to experience the shopping in Waterford .

Colleen Moroney
Operations Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

A quaint hotel centrally located along Merchants Quay. This hotel has a pay-for-parking lot across the street, on-site dining options, helpful and friendly staff, and appears to be attached to a Thai Massage Center. My husband and I also enjoyed live Irish music in the adjoining pub on the Friday night that we stayed. A nice treat was the welcome platter of sweets upon our arrival, pictured here, acknowledging our newlywed status.

A significant downside of the hotel is the noise. Perhaps this is attributed to our room being right outside the elevator lobby on the third floor, but our room also faced a busy road, so it was necessary to close the window while we slept. This resulted in the room becoming stuffy, as there is no air conditioning. The room doors also seem to slam when closing them, and fellow guests did not seem to be considerate of this first thing in the morning. Overall, a decent stay, but perhaps request a quiet room and a fan!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin K

Dear Ember 329 ,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dooley's Hotel. It is good to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful .
With regards to your comments on the doors slamming it is something I will certainly get our maintenance manager to look into. Since your stay with us with the continuation of the heat wave we have invested heavily in fans so that all rooms that are facing the sun during the day are now equipped with fans .
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon trip and should you return to Waterford that you will consider a repeat visit to us .

Operations Manager,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel- beds were very comfortable... we had dinner & breakfast here and both meals were delicious! We had the creme brûlée for dessert & it was so yummy!! The staff was very friendly & helpful- highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Kelly S,

Thank you for your 5 star of Dooley's Hotel . I am delighted to hear that you found the food delicious, and found our staff friendly and helpful.

Operations Manager ,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a coach tour with Nott-Johnsons. Hotel was very clean, staff were very friendly. Room was lovely although a little noisy as was on the main road. Food was delicious for dinner and breakfast and the service was very efficient. Thank you for making us so comfortable on our first night in Ireland after a very long day travelling

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bouncer92
WaterfordDot, Operations Manager at Dooley's Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Bouncer92,

After your enjoyable first night with us I hope the rest of your trip was as good .
Thank you for your review .
Colleen Moroney