“Il migliore!”

Ranked #20 of 188 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An intimate Italian restaurant located within Waterford's historic Viking Quarter 'The Viking Triangle'. La Fontana is built on tradition, authentic Italian cuisine cooked with locally sourced ingredients. With excellent customer service and a wide range of wines and mouth-watering dishes, La Fontana is the perfect place to sit and enjoy an evening on Waterford's beautiful waterfront.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A must if in Waterford. Lovely surroundings, great food and wonderful staff. Do try the Aperol Spritz

1  Thank Tony M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely comfortable and warm feel to the Restaraunt, met with a friendly face and brought to our table. Food was lovely and service top class. All round it was a fab experience in la Fontana and we will be going back again shortly.

1  Thank Stef S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time visit and I'll definitely go back. Always busy when I drive by and have been meaning to try it out for awhile. Went with husband and young children. Was very happy with our meals. I ordered a glass of the house red wine and it was lovely and they give a generous glass. Staff were friendly and recommended a lovely meal.

1  Thank shellpe76
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We went in here by chance, it was really lovely. The waiters we're very attentive and polite and the food was delicious. Will be def be making a return visit

1  Thank lauraflem2003
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We booked La Fontana without knowing really anything about it as we hadn’t planned much of our holiday prior, from the second we walked in we were met with friendly and happy servers who seemed very keen and eager to please , as we were a little early we were asked to sit at the bar to get a drink, we were given Olives and some sort of crispy snacks , we were then brought to our table which was lovely as it wasn’t to close to other tables and wasn’t situated in an awkward place , we were then given menus and home made bread which was fantastic , we both ordered the garlic mushrooms to start , my parter order the steak and I ordered the tagatelli pasta with chicken and mushroom with a creamy sauce , we then got a glass of the house white wine and chocolate fondant to Finish, to say the food was excellent is a huge understatement, our server was a young man with dark hair who sadly we didn’t get the name, but he was wonderful ,very polite and very attentive, as I myself come from the restaurant/hotel background I know very good service when I see it and he was the vision of that! I could really go on for hours about the pros of this restaurant and I hope to return very soon as it was authentic Italian food with a magical experience!

1  Thank Niamh T