All reviews kids club crazy golf family suite swimming pool family break bar staff food was lovely easter break hen party a lovely stay duty manager tea coffee lovely hotel friday night staff were lovely hot food bar area
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Can't find fault in this beautiful hotel! The dinner was amazing, the rooms were perfect and the pool and breakfast were top noch !!! if i should ever find myself in sligo again i couldnt possibly imagion staying anywhere else!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
ClaytonSligo, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear PurpleD1194,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I an glad you got to use a lot of our facilities on your trip. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed with friend in the Clayton hotel in Sligo on the longest day of the year. The hotel is beautiful, really quiet and very comfortable. The staff are wonderful from the first encounter the whole way through. My friends dinner was delayed, not that we noticed however even though they had apologized they gave her a complimentary dessert. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary G

Dear Mary G,

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We had a very pleasant two nights here 19-21 June. Staff extremely friendly and our room was immaculate. A few niggly points. Found the room cold in the evening so asked for a blanket. We were given an extra big snuggly duvet and it was so comfortable! Although there was a great variety of foodstuffs for breakfast there was only one type of cooked egg, scrambled ( not my favourite) and the plates were stone cold. Heating the plates would make a huge difference to a cooked breakfast! For those who don’t want to have a cooked breakfast there was a great choice.
I had booked through Booking.com and regretted it as none of my requests were received by the hotel. In future I think I will book through the hotel website or ring and speak to a human being! All in all I would recommend the Clayton. Easy parking and everyone was so pleasant.

2  Thank maryov

Dear maryov,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! You will be glad to know we also make boiled,fried and poached eggs to order. Our new restaurant is due to open at the weekend so cold plates should be a thing of the past. Our click-on-Clayton website ensures we receive guest requests immediately, which we try to do our best to accommodate. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The Clayton is a very striking looking hotel, the interior is generally nice, but some areas appear somewhat jaded.

The restaurant food was really excellent, whilst the breakfast was at the lower end of good.

Bedrooms were comfortable and clean, but if you are a parent, or someone who is somewhat immobile, I’d avoid staying on the ground floor in room numbers 2180 etc - they are an epically long way from everything!

Lastly...for a four star hotel, I’d expect in the room, some water, maybe even a biscuit, possibly even a shower cap, or at least some milk for more than two cups of tea!

The gym is nice and well appointed, the swimming pool is circa 15 meters, the gents showers were poor and need a makeover.

Having said that, this is a nice place, staff are friendly and helpful and the criticisms are minor.

1  Thank Bren W

Dear Bren,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We have 24hr room service and are glad to deliver items such as shower caps etc. to guest rooms. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The first night we were put in a wheelchair accessible room so the shower was awful, water went everywhere. We moved the second night but the room was basically the same with a better bathroom. There were adjoining doors in both room connecting us to the room next door. We could hear every little sound.