All reviewsfull irishcomfortable bedsmartinapathsmayohosts
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

The owners of the b&b absolutely spoil you with a warm welcome, home made breakfast, any info you need. The rooms were clean, spacious and have everything you need. I would definitely recommend the garden gate.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

What a beautiful place . Fantastic rooms . Fantastic breakfast. Unfortunately only stayed one night but would definitely recommend this place
Ideal location close to Westport .
So peaceful and friendly.
Well done .
Perfect.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2015

i stayed at the Garden Gates for one night while climbing Croagh Patrick. It's is a perfect location for touring the region, half way between castlebar and Westport. Martina and the family are highly professional and welcoming. I felt at home immediately and the breakfast was amazing. I left my iPhone is charger behind and martins went to the bother of sending it back to me immediately by post. It's the little things that matter. When I return to Mayo I won't consider anywhere but this place.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Located off the beaten path, almost midway between Westport and Castlebar, this was a delightful 2 night stay on our circuit from Dublin to Belfast to Donegal, here, then on to Doolin. Martina could not have been a nicer hostess, from her first welcome with tea to advice on where to dine and what to see. She provided excellent directions too! Our room was very comfortable and looked over a lovely view of meadows where the sun set behind distant hills. The bath was spacious with fast hot water and a "power shower." Breakfasts were delicious. The very best Irish breakfast of our two weeks in this beautiful country.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night in a comfortable and spacious room in mid-August. Martina is very welcoming and helpful and our room was spotless and well appointed.

We arrived in the late afternoon after a day of driving to visit several sites. I just was so tired that I didn't want to out again to get dinner and asked Martina if she would make sandwiches for us. She provides boxed lunches which is a great service for day excursions and for people like us. Delicious sandwiches hit the spot with coffee and tea and we sat in the dining room and watched the darkness fall as we both wrote in our journals.

A hot shower (washcloths are provided) and a comfortable bed were much appreciated! A quiet B&B in a lovely setting off the beaten path. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and the perfect start to another wonderful day in Ireland! I'm only sorry that we didn't take any photos of our room or the common areas to share.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple