Reviews (2 057)
2 057 results
All reviews across the river castle view car park perfect location lovely hotel wedding reception few drinks deluxe room would highly recommend this hotel last weekend stayed one night afternoon tea bar food family room breakfast was excellent top class nore
109 - 114 of 2 057 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Where do I begin! There are not enough words to describe the most wonderful experience we had from the booking of our wedding right up to the day itself on Friday the 22nd of June.
We initially made the booking with the events coordinator Hilary however when she moved on to a different job and Darragh took over my OCD initially kicked in (not being a fan for any changes in plans made) however Darragh made the transition from the person we knew to his take over seemless. He was just wonderful to deal with. On the ball, professional, efficient but also with a wicked sense of humour which suited myself and my new husband down to the ground.
Every query sent varying on the range of room reservations to table confetti was dealt with the utmost importance. It was so reassuring to know that I would get an answer as soon as possible. It made our end of organising much easier.
From our sit down with Darragh on two occasions, our food tasting with head waitress Lara, our pre wedding dinner on the Thursday night with Natalia who introduced herself to us there and made it known that she would be looking after us on the day of our wedding. Her flawless precision on the day of our wedding and organising of all the "bits" we had was military and that's how I like things to roll. Every thing ran so smoothly it was just wonderful.
We've had so many compliments about our wedding meal. It was delicious. The afters food was also very tasty and then the god send that was the tayto sandwiches at 3am!
There wasn't any mad notion that we had that Darragh and the team didn't engage with or entertain to some level. They're competence really had us so confident in trusting their ultimate decision and as a self confessed control freak for me to be able to put my hands up and say I trust these people to make executive decisions for the day I have planned for what seems like an eternity really says a lot.
We also had a beautiful stay in the bridal suite which over looked the castle. What was a fabulous touch was when we rolled back up to the bridal suite sometime after 5am there was a plate of sandwiches and some juice there for us. We were famished. It's hungry work being pillars of the dance floor! My only criticism of this room is that we didn't get to spend long enough in it!!! That was totally our fault though we were having too much fun!
We have had so many compliments from the guests regarding everything provided by the River Court on the day. The food was immense the rooms were beautiful and their attention to detail rivaled my own which made it for Eóin and I. As a Kilkenny woman too sure I would never stay in Kilkenny city so it is nice now to have somewhere to recommend to people when they tell me they're heading to KK for the weekend and ask where would I recommend for a night's accommodation. River Court is going to be my only answer to that question from now until forever.
Myself and Eóin really had the best day ever, I know we're biased but the River Court were a huge part of that. For any potential brides and grooms I would definately recommend you make an appointment to talk to Darragh and the team and for anyone just looking for a spot in KK get onto reservations and make a booking you will not be disappointed.
Thank you thank you thank you!

2  Thank LeahB2212
Catherine M, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear LeahB2212
Thank you for taking the time to write your fabulous review. It was an honour for us to be part of your very special day. Daragh, Lara & Natalia would also like to pass on their thanks for your lovely words of appreciation.
We are delighted that you and your guests had such a great day and it is lovely to read your comments on our service, delicious food, castle views and bridal suite.
It truly was a pleasure to look after you both. Thank you for your wonderful recommendation and from all of us here at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel we would once again like to wish yourself and Eóin a lifetime of happiness together.
We will see you soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Great location has castle view and at the doorstep of the town. It was lovely to sit outside and enjoy food /drink with castle view. Food was only average however at the casual dining section. Breakfast was nice - it was served in the formal dining area. Overall a good place to stay at.

Room Tip: Castle view room was nice, try to ask for a central location if possible.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Catherine M, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear saharpearson,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to have the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I made a reservation for tea through email. Called that morning to confirm. No record of it. Asked for a reservation for seven for that afternoon, a good three hours earlier. Arrived and asked a server, who told us to ask the bartender, who told us to check the room next door. Two tables set for smaller parties. Finally found someone to assist. They never got the request. Threw two unset tables together and set with no tablecloth, and paper napkins. Wanting this to be special, and since it is not cheap, I asked them to reset the table with linen. Got a tablecloth-no napkins. Were brought teapots with teabags which sat and stewed for thirty minutes. No one came to speak to us. No idea what was going on. Got up to leave when they arrived with food. Should have kept walking. At that point they asked if we wanted any other drinks. We asked for fresh tea. Food was good, but out mood was so miserable since we felt ignored and slighted. They recommend afternoon tea on their website so it was not an unusual request. The restaurant was empty so the staff was not busy. Not certain why we received such poor service but I would not recommend this hotel for tea. And if you want to see the castle you can only see it from outside, so hope for good weather. Waste of time and money.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Julie M

Dear Julie M,
I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to review your recent visit with us here . I was naturally concerned to read that you were disappointed with your Afternoon tea however greatly appreciate your feedback as this will assist us in improving the service experience the hotel offers our guests. I have investiaged the matter and unfortunately there was a lack of communication on our part with your booking and hence your table was not ready. Rather that have your party wait any longer the tables where then put together as quickly as possible.Im sorry you had to wait but glad to know that the food was good.I hope you will not be deterred from using the hotel in the future and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on the details below.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

When we first arrived we were so impressed by the location. The view of the castle was fantastic. When we checked into our room, unfortunately, it wasn't facing anything with a view so we inquired at the front desk and they went above and beyond to find us another available room. Great stay.

Dear kboen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us following your stay with us here at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel.
We are delighted to have been able to accommodate you with a castle view room and we are glad to know how much you enjoyed your time with us.We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Great location - close to the both Kilkenny castle and the design center. Very helpful staff. Good breakfast buffet. And free on-site parking. Rooms without castle or rever view have nondescript view of the car park - but that's not a major issue.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear K J,
Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts with us.We are delighted that your enjoyed your time with us. It was lovely to read your wonderful comments on our location, helpful staff, good breakfast and frre parking.
We look forward to your return visit.