“Great late night music scene”

O Donoghue's Public House
Ranked #55 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stumbled into O'Donoghue's on Good Friday, the first Good Friday that pubs in Ireland have been open in 90+ years. They had a great band of Irish folk music that we stayed and enjoyed.

1  Thank JulieBMW
Paul O, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Julie,
I am delighted that you had a great time with us here in O'Ds bar and we were delighted to share that unique experience with you. We have that band playing with us for nearly twenty years and I will let them know as they will be thrilled. Enjoy your time away
Regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

It was our first night in Killarney & while my wife is not Irish, we decided to go out for dinner and ended up at O Donoghue's.
We were greeted by Liam who happened to also be from Australia.
Liam has great customer service and our dinner was also most enjoyable.
We also struck up a nice conversation with a young couple & their two youngsters sitting at the next table. Liam also gave them great service.
We noted a couple of local ladies who left not long after we had arrived had also paid Liam a compliment for his service.
Good staff are often hard to find, but can do so much good for the business.
Thanks O Donoghue's and thanks Liam.

Dear Peter,
Thank you very much for the 5 stars and I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful time with us here in O'ds bar. Liam arrived to us a month ago and we are so very happy with his level of friendliness, service , attitude and we think he is all round super. Yes, I agree that great staff is the making of a great business as we are in the business to please and looks like Liam did that with flying colour's.
Thanks again for taking the time out to share this with us and all out customers.
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of enjoying a Valentines Dinner here. I was in a tour group and myself and three of my companions decided to book a reservation. I emailed Siobhan (the manager) and she graciously made the reservation and connected with me in my preferred method as I was on a tour bus all day.

Upon arrival we were in Tara’s section. All I can say, Tara is an absolute GEM!! She was friendly, professional, gave recommendations (which were SO delicious) and she made us laugh. I was only sorry when the meal was over. Would definitely go back and feel it is worth mentioning that service given by Tara coupled with the amazing skills by the chef made this a perfect 5 star for me.

1  Thank KarenpTORONTO
PaulOSullivanGM, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Karen,
Thank you so very much for such a kind and lovely review and I am thrilled that you enjoyed yourself on your day. I will be delighted to pass on the wonderful compliments to both Tara and to the kitchen team for a job very well done by them all.
We do hope that we will see you again in the future when visiting Kerry again,
Thanks you again and best regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I go here some Saturday evenings and always order the fish special, whether it is Salmon, Hake or Trout all great value at 12-14 euro

1  Thank coreydob
PaulOSullivanGM, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hi Corey,
Thank you very much for the 5 stars and it is our pleasure to look after you every weekend and look forward to having you with us again on Saturday, from all the team in O'Donoghues Public House,
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Good food, nice atmosphere, great staff. Their fish cakes are amazing! We were a large group - all with different choices. No complaints, everything was wonderful. Don't forget to add a pint of their locally brewed Killarney to make that meal just perfect!

PaulOSullivanGM, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Francine, Thank you for taking the time out to review your dinning experience with us here in O'ds bar. I always appreciate our guest experience and I am delighted that your time was so very enjoyable and when next in Killarney , please don't be a stranger.
Best regards,