Review Highlights
Very good pint of Guinness!

Really enjoyable experience. Great venue for socialising and watching horse racing as well as many... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2018
906gerardq
Macroom, Ireland
Racing Pub

Visited before the races. Very sporty bar packed with racing fans and RUK and ATR on the... read more

Reviewed 24 August 2018

from US$29,10
from US$34,90
from US$81,40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Not your typical tourist pub but rather a good place to get the flavor or the Irish. We had a great time and the patrons were as polite as could be.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Recently visited Killarney on our Ruby Anniversary. A couple of friends met us for two days and on Saturday we had found a Paddy Power bookies and opposite was the ideal place to pick out our...losers; Speakeasy Bar on High St. A little gem of a bar and I do mean little; hardly room to cheer a winner past the post, or a rare Dublin goal!
While myself and pal picked our horses over excellent Guinness, three locals at the bar (nuts corner) added to the atmosphere with their banter making us welcome.
On Sunday myself, wife and another friend struggled to get a seat in the even smaller back lounge to enjoy a few drinks and watch the hurling match. Friendly as the Killarney locals are, they made room for us. The toilets were suprisingly spotless for the 'mans' pub.
Highly recommended...if you can get a seat.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Went here to watch the big County Kerry vs County Cork match. Since I couldn't be in the stadium this bar provided me the atmosphere that I wanted. Knowledgeable fans that I could learn from and great interest in the match instead of talking about stuff that doesn't relate to it for example being in Boston for a big game and hearing girls talking celebrity gossip.

If you're going to watch a match somewhere then go here.

Go Kerry Group!

Reviewed 15 July 2015

This was one of the only pubs we visited in Ireland that was brimming with Americans; being an American, I was quite excited about this fact! The bar is divided between front and rear areas and is usually packed. The bar is full of energy and the buzz (and occasional yelling) of conversation. Food comes in the form of packaged peanuts for purchase behind the bar. In fact, this bar was the place where I believe I saw the drunkest Irishman of our trip around the country; and that included time in the Temple Bar area in Dublin... Overall, stop on by for a pint or two and strike up a conversation with the locals. Or, just enjoy your pint while people-watching; you'll have a great time either way!

Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Small but very pleasant pub and the pints were absolutely amazing best we had during our stay in Killarney well worth a visit wish I had one now

1  Thank margaret m