“Would recommend, Girlfriend would not”
Review of Speakeasy Bar

Speakeasy Bar
Ranked #11 of 22 Nightlife in Killarney
Reviewed 23 March 2016

This place serves an amazing pint of Guinness. It is a very small bar with a front entrance and back entrance. We were in the front and getting to the toilet in the back bar can be problematic as it can be a tight squeeze but only a small thing. It seems to be a big horse racing bar and I enjoy soccer so I wanted to watch a soccer game but they were unable to put it on because of racing.....which is fair enough because their locals seem to be more interested in that. My girlfriend didn't seem to like the place because she felt it attracted men who wanted to drink and gamble because people were flying out the door every five seconds to put bets on in the bookmakers across the road. I like the place though, staff were sound and a lovely pint of Guinness.....just don't bring your girlfriend there.

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Not your typical tourist pub but rather a good place to get the flavor or the Irish. We had a great time and the patrons were as polite as could be.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Recently visited Killarney on our Ruby Anniversary. A couple of friends met us for two days and on Saturday we had found a Paddy Power bookies and opposite was the ideal place to pick out our...losers; Speakeasy Bar on High St. A little gem of a bar and I do mean little; hardly room to cheer a winner past the post, or a rare Dublin goal!
While myself and pal picked our horses over excellent Guinness, three locals at the bar (nuts corner) added to the atmosphere with their banter making us welcome.
On Sunday myself, wife and another friend struggled to get a seat in the even smaller back lounge to enjoy a few drinks and watch the hurling match. Friendly as the Killarney locals are, they made room for us. The toilets were suprisingly spotless for the 'mans' pub.
Highly recommended...if you can get a seat.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Went here to watch the big County Kerry vs County Cork match. Since I couldn't be in the stadium this bar provided me the atmosphere that I wanted. Knowledgeable fans that I could learn from and great interest in the match instead of talking about stuff that doesn't relate to it for example being in Boston for a big game and hearing girls talking celebrity gossip.

If you're going to watch a match somewhere then go here.

Go Kerry Group!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 July 2015

This was one of the only pubs we visited in Ireland that was brimming with Americans; being an American, I was quite excited about this fact! The bar is divided between front and rear areas and is usually packed. The bar is full of energy and the buzz (and occasional yelling) of conversation. Food comes in the form of packaged peanuts for purchase behind the bar. In fact, this bar was the place where I believe I saw the drunkest Irishman of our trip around the country; and that included time in the Temple Bar area in Dublin... Overall, stop on by for a pint or two and strike up a conversation with the locals. Or, just enjoy your pint while people-watching; you'll have a great time either way!