All reviews river view the main lounge area minute walk into the centre lovely fireplace scones excellent hospitality tea coffee national park brown bread bed was very comfortable irish breakfast a wonderful stay inec
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is more a testamony than a review. My 5 stars are due to the compassionate kindness, humbling hospitality, and genuine warmth of the receptionist, Trisha, and the owner, Mary. If you get a chance to chat with Mary you will find her to be an invaluable resource of historical knowledge. After a travel disaster I had wandered into The Killarney View and was met by Trisha, an exceptional person with a heart of gold. Not only was I provided with safe shelter, relaxing river views (from a charming fire-warmed lounge which is laden with complimentary biscuits!), and a breakfast prepared with care, but also with the kind of compassion only someone who has experienced crisis while abroad could understand. My travel woes were no match for Trisha. Whether you discover The Killarney View by choice or by chance, you will be well looked after. For myself, it was pure serendipity. These things are subjective however for those who prefer 5 star accomodations (by the standard definition), I encourage you to find them across the street from Killarney View at Cahernane. While Cahernane has its own charms (most notably their staff and premises), ultimately my preference was The Killarney View. I only mention Cahernane because of its proximity to Killarney View and as travellers ought to know, not everything always goes to plan. If you find yourself in need in Killarney, get into a taxi or get a map and find The Killarney View. John Dunphy Neville Merigo.

Room Tip: K.V. is family friendly so if the noise of children bothers you then you may ask to be located away from large families, I suppose.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2018

This B&B has the potential to be fabulous - the staff are fabulous, friendly, warm and very helpful. The main lounge area is gorgeous and inviting with a lovely fireplace and riverview. Amazing breakfast cooked to request and the scones are out of this world. Now that all being said, then you get the bedrooms. The rooms are small, which in itself is fine as you dont spend alot of time there during the day, but the mattresses have seen better days-probably years ago. When you have to use the pillows meant for your head to sleep on so you dont get coils digging into you, its time to replace the mattress.
Such a shame as we loved everything about our trip but a good nights sleep would have been better.
This is our second stay here, thinking we would try again as everything else about the place is great, but twice is our limit. We'll look elsewhere for our next trip to Killarney

Room Tip: INSIST on updated room
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank 267travelsalot
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Stay here for just one night would definatley stay again very friendly staff very accommadating cant understand the bad reviews on this site some people are hard to please we missed breakfast but were still offered something to eat at 12.30 lovely comfortable lounge with a blazing fire all day long we were told we were more than welcome to stay in the lounge even after checking out.will definatley return.if you want five star stay in a five star hotel!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Had a bad experience in this B&B. Very expensive for a very cold and unhygienic place.
From my experience avoid. The place has massive potential if they put some money into a huge refurbishment. until then...

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank travellereire400
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Staff was lovely, only 3 stations on the TV, not much selection of cereals, no fruit or yogurt, house was very cold at times, single glazed windows, they had very small blow heaters in reception, and dining room, it wouldn't heat the dining room, owner not very pleasant,. I could not fault the staff they were very helpful.

Stayed: November 2017