“Perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jenny A
Tennesse Johnson City
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 28 April 2018 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

This location is perfect! Easy to drive to, no confusion getting from highway to house. All the restaurants, pubs and shops (coffee) were within a few minutes walk. 2 of the best restaurants were within 3 minute walk. We had some confusion with how to work the washer. Caretaker came right over to help us figure it out. House was fully stocked with everything you needed and beds were comfortable. Parking was easy. Great place to stay. Views were great and street was quiet at night. I wish we had set trip up to stay here longer.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Bill M
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Long Walk -Galway”
Reviewed 27 April 2018 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed at The Long Walk last May (2017) and it was wonderful. The location is close to the tourist areas and had beautiful views of the river. It was perfect for our family of 6 adults. The house was clean and comfortable. We would love to visit again and stay there again.
Best
Bill

Sibyl49
Portland, Maine
“Perfect spot!”
Reviewed 27 April 2018 for a stay in August 2017

I stayed here with my three children and one son-in-law and two grandchildren in August and we were delighted with the spot. The location is brilliant, with pretty water views and a very easy walk into the center of Galway. Parking in the carpark was also an easy walk away and since we never needed the car it was not an issue.
The apartment itself provided a number of bedroom configurations which worked for us. The kitchen is a bit small as is the living area, but we didn’t spend that much time there so it didn’t matter anyway.
I recommend this spot to anyone visiting Galway and would absolutely return there myself!

xhairz026
“A perfectly situated house to see all that Galway has to offer, great for small and large groups!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Once booked, excellent communication with the property manager answered questions I didn't even know to ask. Also very informative was the printed out welcome guide that provided excellent recommendations.
The house was prepared accordingly for our large group of 11 and spotless on arrival.
The house with its breathtaking view of the river and bay is walking distance from the heart of Galway. If you require parking, a pass is included and additional parking is close by.
As an added bonus with this house, having previously stayed at different locations in Ireland, and dealing with slow Wi-Fi there, the high speed Internet here proved invaluable in keeping in contact with friends and family back home.
I can't wait to return here on my next trip!!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
JulieH572...
Galway, Ireland
“Avoid”
Reviewed 12 February 2018 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

We arrived in Galway August 12, 2017 around 4 pm. I had paid for this vacation rental many months earlier and had talked to the owner the day before we had left the states. He was supposed to meet us at the property with the key. We arrived, all eleven of us – including three young children – around 4 pm. No one met us; when we reached the owner by phone (or their representative – it was never clear exactly who we were speaking to) the house had in fact been rented to someone else.

The owner/representative tried to place us in a different property that was 1) Not a house but rather an apartment up three flights of stairs 2) Not in the tourist area 3) Too small at three bedrooms instead of four and 4) Not cleaned. This was obviously not ok. We were left to find our own lodging in peak season for eleven jet lagged people including three hungry, tired children at 5:30 pm on a Saturday in one of the most popular tourist destinations in Ireland.

My refund was not forthcoming, I also requested reimbursement of about $50 for the three taxis required to take the group and our luggage to the subsequent lodging we arranged. The owner/representative basically held my refund hostage until I agreed to not post a review on Trip Advisor. I agreed to that – my money and the additional $50 were refunded almost two weeks after the incident.

Don’t think of this as a review – it’s simply a listing of the facts – all of which are documented within the Trip Advisor firewall.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
25 Apr 2018
1. This guest was contacted long before the day of arrival about the rental change but they did not see the email which we sent them so arrived on the day without knowing about the change.
2. The guest was sent clear check in instructions before their arrival which they did not follow.
3. We offered them an upgrade which they didn't accept.

This is the only instance we have had for the rental of a change being required and don't expect to have this occur again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing