All reviews breakfast bag quay street latin quarter perfect location nespresso machine clever storage sound machine nightly live music newly renovated rooms super clean rooms hip hotel fantastic bar contemporary design lovely boutique loved this hotel yogurt usb ports
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Located at foot of Quay St., amidst tourist mecca of restaurants and shops,the Residence is a little hard to find but if you want to be in the centre of the “action” this is the place for you. Rooms are decorated with cool modern art and murals. We were up on the top floor overlooking the street but high enough not to be too bothered by noise. Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the young woman who helped me get our luggage to the car on checkout. Only drawback was breakfast- okay I guess if you like cereal or yogurt, but not enough for a good start to the day.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Residencegalway, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your experience.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and in particular that you found the staff to be friendly and accommodating during your stay. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy our breakfast offering, I have passed your feedback on to the management team.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that should you visit Galway again that we will have the pleasure of your company for a second time.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Very conveniently located hotel in the Latin Quarter. Got our group of 7 checked in after our original hotel down the street was a bust (due to terribly filthy rooms).
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I got same day laundry service for 10 Euros (1 bag). Place was spotless clean and modern. No A/C but they do provide you with oscillating fan.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Residencegalway, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on "Tripadvisor". We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.

I was delighted to read your very positive comments on all aspects of your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you again on your next visit to Galway.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Boutique hotel right in the heart of the Latin Quarter—party all the time! Must say, our visit coincided with an unusual heat spell. We were a little uncomfortable with lack of air conditioning but staff couldn’t have been nicer, delivering fans and offering a lower level room with an air conditioning unit (thank you Thomas!). We opted to keep our 3rd floor room facing the street. Friends had a room in the rear, which was much more quiet. Loved being in the heart of things and ear plugs ensured a good night’s sleep. Loved Julia—she helped with tours and was just a lot of fun!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Judith,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review and for sharing your experience. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us here at The Residence Hotel and especially that you found the staff to be friendly and accommodating.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I read the reviews and thought this would be perfect, but I did not appreciate the level of constant noise and there is no air conditioning- so the windows have to be open. I think we caught the one warm weekend in Ireland- but rooms were uncomfortable. In addition, there is a lot of smoking which makes it in to the lower rooms. There is always live music, so your room is reverberating to 80

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Customer feedback is very important to us here at The Residence Hotel.

We are located in the lively and energetic Latin Quarter of Galway city centre just a few feet away from all of Galways main attractions. We have recently installed triple glazing to all of our windows to combat noise that may travel up from the street. Had you informed us of your discomfort during your stay we would have happily moved you to one of our air conditioned rooms. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused to you.
Thank you for choosing The Residence Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Beautiful newly renovated rooms but extremely noisy. There was music going to around 2AM and we were woken up around 7:30 AM as the 1520 Bar prepares to open on the morning. The windows do not muffle the street sound.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Residencegalway, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to read that you were happy with so many aspects of your stay with us here at The Residence Hotel.

We are located in the lively Latin Quarter section of Galway city centre, the vibrant nature of the area can sometimes lend itself to noise, we have just recently installed special triple glazing on all of our windows to combat this.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope should you choose to visit Galway again that we will have the pleasure of looking after you for a second time.