US$164
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$156
US$151
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$135
US$240
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$174
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$116
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$128
Bunk Boutique Hostel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$140
Reviews (2 788)
2 788 results
1 117
1 117
All reviewsthe radisson blua business class roomeyre squarelough ataliaoutdoor jacuzzibreakfast buffetthermal suitemodern hotelcity centrestandard roomshop streetleisure facilitiesbar foodlast weekendgalway bayvisiting galwaytop class
18 - 23 of 2 788 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Galmont for almost a week during a work/fun trip. The location is great; it's close to the Latin quarter, tons of restaurants and stores, yet it is tucked away on a quiet street so it's not noisy. I was a little nervous about my sleep quality since my room was located on the first floor, but was pleasantly surprised that I could not hear any noises from the street. The room was clean and very spacious, with all essentials including a mini-fridge and kettle. Good water pressure in the shower, which is always nice. The breakfast buffet had a nice variety of options (lots of fresh fruit, cold cuts, cheese, cereals, pastries, and hot dishes like eggs, bacon, baked, beans, etc.). The staff at the buffet was very attentive and took good care of things.
Some of the finishes around the hotel are a little run down if you pay attention, and there was something strange going on with the water pipes - they would make a very loud noise whenever I flushed the toilet. I found it rather funny but worried that it could disturb other guests. Anyhow, great stay overall!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dharma22
TheGalmontGalway, General Manager at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Dharma,

Thank you for staying at The Galmont and for your review.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the location and our breakfast. However, your comments regarding the finishing and pipes are of concern and are being looked into as a priority.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a one night stay at this hotel and found it a very pleasant experience. The staff were very helpful and the room was in excelletn condition. I was delighted to see I had the view of the river from my room and saw all the wonderful sunshine reflected on it all day.

There is great food selection in the restaurants down stairs and again kept in tip top condition.

I have to say the parking was handy downstairs but it was very pricey at €11 for a night stay :(

Room Tip: River views are stunning
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MelanieBoylan

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for choosing The Galmont for your stay and for taking the time to review us. I'm delighted to read your kind comments and that you had a pleasant stay. Your feedback regarding parking has been taken on board.

I hope that you will return again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We upgraded to level 5 executive floor and had a truly delightful large room with a water view and a lovely balcony to enjoy the fair weather. Very comfortable bed and a bathroom the size of many big city studios!
Our son and the couple we were traveling with stayed in standard rooms that were perfectly acceptable.
Outstanding breakfast spread, and very good restaurant (I’ll review separately).
Very pleasant professional staff. (We also had a forgotten item issue that was dealt with
promptly)
Our son enjoyed the pool.
Quiet, but just a few minute walk to Eyre Square and the Quay Street madness.
Will definitely stay again if in Galway.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa B

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at The Galmont and enjoyed our breakfast, service and facilities.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One night stay in this hotel. Very well presented both inside and outside. One of the rooms in our group had fantastic view over the bay. Other room unfortunately had a view of a wall and two drain pipes. Room was very clean and tidy, not a spot of dust to be found, very modern. TV was a bit difficult to navigate. Stand-in-bathtub shower, would have hoped not to see that in a hotel of this calibre. Nice bar with live pianist. Breakfast is buffet style, with some items available freshly made, really good. Nice outdoor terrace with view of the bay. Walls seem thin, could hear a lot of noise around room particularly around midnight when revellers came back. 5 minute walk to city centre with loads of pubs, shops and market. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas S
TheGalmontGalway, General Manager at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and will take your comments regarding the TVs and noise on board.

I'm glad that you would stay with us again and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the hotel in December just before it changed from the Radisson Blu to the Galmont and staff seemed excited about the change. The hotel is in a great location convenient to the center city and to both bus stations. It's a couple of blocks off the main street so it's quieter and less hectic, and with its location on the water it feels quite peaceful and remote even though it's actually easy walking distance to everything.

All the staff was very helpful, especially a Mr. Murray who checked us in and who we saw several more times during our stay. Check in was quick and easy and our room was modern, spotless, and had a nice view of the water through the huge wall-to-wall windows. The room was stylish without being fussy and though it looked quite modern and streamlined everything was quite comfortable. The bed was great and the room was very spacious for two adults.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding with a huge variety of food and drinks. Everything was fresh and tasty and there was plenty to choose from. The service in the restaurant was friendly and efficient without being intrusive and we appreciated that breakfast started early since we had an early bus back to Dublin to catch.

The bar area is attractive and cozy and we had a good time chatting with the barmen and hanging out one evening. The glass elevators in the lobby are nice and provide good views as they climb the building. Because it was December, the whole place was decorated for the holidays and the twinkling lights and decorations were tasteful but fun and festive.

This was a perfect hotel for our first trip to Galway and we will certainly return if we find ourselves there again. A perfect base of operations for a lovely city.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rugbyshirt

Dear rugbyshirt,

Thank you for staying at The Galmont and for taking time to share your feedback. I'm delighted to read your review and hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate all of your positive comments regarding our hotel.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.