“Great find”

Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Oslo Bar in Salthill boasts the first and only Microbrewery in Galway which offers a great range of international beers, fresh food and a variety of novel evenings.With an ever changing menu the Oslo keeps people coming back to enjoy the many creative dishes inspiried by "in-season and fresh" ingredents. There is a wide range of international beers but while there you should try our own Bay Ale and Stormy Porter - brewed right on the premises.The front portion contains a comfortable range of eclectic furniture and the back part, set up with German beer garden style sturdy tables. The name Oslo itself comes from the Oslo Hotel which once encompassed the whole premises.Focused on food with a daily menu served from 12 until 10 daily. Select from a good range of interesting dishes. Enjoy the Weekend with brunch including Eggs Benedict and French toast which has fast become something of a Galway institution. An open fire and large comfortable smoking area tick a few more boxes making the Oslo a really great destination.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Game was on bar was packed and we were treated like royalty by Amy and the girls. Great snack tray for 2 and nice cold beer. Loved this place. Food came quick even though they said forever.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food took forever and was mediocre at best, staff wasn't exactly friendly, they messed up our orders, it was super noisy and they had ran out of the beer I was after. Not impressed at all.

1  Thank Taekki
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff, great range of craft beers and lagers and a few board games for extra craic. You will enjoy a visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went there for a birthday, dinner and a night out. A great selection of beers, food was not bad, pub grub at its best. Difficult to get attention of wait staff and they don’t appear to be interested in providing any standard of service or atmosphere. The whole night was ruined by an unpleasant interaction with a member of staff. She actually seemed to be management soon point ringing management to complain which I originally intended to do. She walked over to our table, slammed the bill down and walked away. We had already paid and it was clearly the bill for a different table so I took it back to her and let her know it wasn’t ours. She came back over again and verified it wasn’t ours (still no apology or basic manners) I simply replied no we have paid for everything to which she told me to “relax” at that point I stopped replying to her because anything else I said after it escalating so quickly told me would probably result in her insinuating I was drunk or something and my removal. It was rude, unprofessional, incompetent and embarrassing. Won’t be going back. Go if u like nice beer but have extremely low standards about service & staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped here a few times during our stay, perfect bar for some craft beer by the beach! The staff know exactly what is on and can help with suggestions. Priced just the same as the city.