All reviews city centre host maria paddywagon tours b bs great advice laundry service only stayed one night irish breakfast room was very clean and comfortable min walk within walking distance cooked breakfast nice stay breakfast room double bed good size ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Abbey Lodge is a decent guesthouse worth a 3 star review. Nothing to complain about really but nothing outstanding either. Clean and tidy. Continental breakfast was ok. Hosts were helpful and friendly. It's only 10 minutes or so walk into the city.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Donal G, Owner at Abbey Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thanks for your review Roy

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Conveniently located within walking distance of the Galway town centre. Clean room and comfortable bed. Parking is available off the road (which is an issue with a number of B&B's). Management very helpful allowing us to print out airline boarding passes. Help-yourself continental breakfast was just right for our needs. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room to the rear of the building so would be quieter than rooms which front onto the busy road.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Donal G, Owner at Abbey Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi Alan, thanks a million for staying with us and for your review.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Booked a room for two nights. Room was basic, but clean and nice. Rate was not much, so basic was in line with the rate for the room. Had an emergency back home, so we had to leave after the first night. Management refunded us for the second night, even though it was short notice and they weren't required to do so per their cancellation policy. Customer service was great. If we find ourselves in Galway again, we would definitely stay again. Thanks!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Donal G, Owner at Abbey Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hi Andy, thanks a million for your kind words. Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

upon finding out that my booked room in St Judes was right beside the reception area I stated to Sean that I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep there (me being older and the clientele that I saw there was very young). I then said that I was going to the Dogs and he told me that he had a house right by the Dogs and did I want to change. I said yes and it was great. Lovely welcome by a young professional couple. Room was right at the top of the house. So modern, bright, fresh, immaculate. Lovely big en suite. I recommended this guest house B&B to all my coworkers.

Room Tip: I was at the top of the house D was the number/letter. C was a tad loud in their comings and goings but just a lovely room
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Donal G, Owner at Abbey Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thanks a million for your kind words. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

It was a great place. Simple to book and even trying to communicate was easier than expected. Close proximity to the town centre (5-10mins). Nice and clean room and had everything you needed. Shame I couldn’t stay for longer. Will be visiting again when in Galway.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thanks a million for your kind words. We're delighted you enjoyed your time at Abbey Lodge