“Great coffee, food, ambience & staff”

Tartare Cafe + Wine Bar
Ranked #258 of 532 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$3 - US$40
Description: day, it serves the best sourdough sandwiches, soups, organic salads and coffee. By night, it transforms into a hip wine bar focusing on organic, biodynamic and natural wine. The food offering at night changes too, with plates of oysters, Dexter beef, pickled fish and cured meat and artisan cheese boards. Great for a nibble and a glass of wine or something more substantial.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is exceptionally good. It's worth going out of yr way to find, especially if you R like us & believe in making good choices about where to spend your money & more importantly, your time.

Drigin, Owner at Tartare Cafe + Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Wow. Thank you so much for your lovely review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We went in today for lunch. So good. I had the corned beef sandwich & the soup. It really hit the spot. Very tasty. We also tried the oysters with sea lettuce & trout roe, fabulously fresh! The staff are friendly & helpful. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Myself and my wife paid a visit to this cafe on a Saturday at midday. It was full and we were lucky to get a table. Menu is good catering for salads and sandwiches as well as coffees/teas. My wife went for the toasted durres cheese sourdough and I had the smoked tuna salad. Both were excellent. My salad was superb, so fresh and so flavoursome. Our waitress looked after us so well throughout our stay. Will definitely be back, highly recommend a visit.
PS they do a soup/sandwich special for E10 which lookwed great value

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a few times and really have loved it. It’s a nice small space with a great vibe, the coffee and baked goods have been amazing every time I’ve gone. Can’t comment on the other menu items since I haven’t tried them yet, but based on my experience so far will definitely be trying them. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I ate here last Friday with my aunty. We had the beef tartare, tuna tartare, mallard which was the special of the night, beetroot and goats cheese add the pink fir potatoes. We also had two classes of sauvigon blanc which were gorgeous. the dishes arrived in the way we called them out. Both my aunty and myself found it strange that we were giving the tartares first instead of say the beetroot and goats cheese. We presumed that the order would have been different. So when I return I will change my ordering. There was only waitress on a Friday night and she was a little stretched to look after twelve tables and drinks at the same time.