“Great restaurant”

Ranked #498 of 2 888 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Joels is the ultimate family restaurant. Conveniently located on the Naas road with plenty of free parking. Joel’s menu is full of mouth-watering dishes to suit everyone’s taste. We offer a full bar and wine menu along with specialty coffees.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We eat in this restaurant quite a lot and I have to say the steaks are first class for flavour and tenderness and cooked to perfection and the rest of menu is great as well. The pizzas really fresh and worth a try also.
The management and floor staff give great service.
Thanks Alan

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My family are going to Joel's over 20 years, they never fail to disappoint, we were there recently for my brothers 40th birthday and it was so enjoyable, the food was fabulous as always and the service was great too. And most important children are welcome

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I recently was at a family meal in Joel's. All 20 of us including children. The food and service was amazing but the one thing I am very thankful for to the waitress and the chef, I have a very fussy toddler and nothing on the menu suited him so I asked the waitress to ask the chef would it be possible to put a dish together that my son would eat. They didn't even hesitate. Exactly what I looked for my boy got. He didn't leave one bit of it. So for that reason and the quality of the food, I highly recommend Joel's.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The staff were friendly and nice and the drinks menu was considerable vast and tasty.
The staff were quick to help with any need,
The one big problem was the food. My friend is vegan and he just ordered the pasta without the cheese. What he received was shockingly awful for what seemed like a high standard restaurant.The pasta sauce was minimum and barely spread out and lacking any flavour. It looked like chunky ketchup that had been left out opened over night. Not even a sprinkle of basil and the only topping visible was a dead looking leaf.
Two other friends also went for the pasta who were not vegan and it was the same miserable dish with chunky mozzarella. If you were Italian you would have walked out straight away.
My partner went for the american style burger with no cheese and got cheese melted on it and a large cut tomato which was obviously not cut with the right sort of knife.
My traditional roast meal was as dried out as it could be and when I asked for ketchup I was given a very small plastic cup with which was only half full.
I get it vegans can be a bit of a pain in restaurants but you'd expect a place that looked classy enough would have competent staff who knew what was vegan and what wasn't and also at least one chef who could have put some life into vegetarian dishes and if a vegan walked in they'd at least have a few recipes that they could have prepared or make up with the ingredients on the menu.
The staff seemed chilled and relaxed and the decor was quite lovely that you wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for the food. It was so rushed maybe that's why half of it came out distressingly appalling.
6 people and one drink each,only two got an alcoholic one. 158 euro for a pile of crap really.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Iv been coming here for 20 years plus, since it was the old restaurant. Food was always amazing and staff lovely. Cajun chicken is gorgeous. Even the shows are great. Well, they were anyway. Was here today just for dinner and food wasn't great, big let down. Tasteless and dry. I was thinking it was just an off day till was pointed out that it was bad the last few times too. I hate to say that the food is gone down but it really has. The service is too, maybe it's just preference but I hate this thing of turn the light if you want service. I think I'll be giving this place a miss till it's pulled together