“Great pizza, very poor service!”
Review of Basil

Basil
Ranked #705 of 2 805 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A nice little restaurant but starters took over 35 minutes to come when the restaurant wasn’t even that busy. After mains, the waiter just dropped a bill to the table without offering the dessert menu...which we wanted, but we felt under pressure to leave. It’s a real pity that the service was so poor as the pizza was great. But I probably won’t be returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice buzzy spot for casual dining with good quality food. However, service was severely lacking and it wasn't even that busy. Very inexperienced staff bring this place down a notch or two.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

For me this place has the best pizza in Dublin . The garlic bread is absolutely amazing and the vegan pizza is incredible! I highly recommend this cozy place ! :)

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I am a big fan of Basil - when they get it right it’s up there with the best pizza’s in Dublin but the service is wanting.

Twice now I’ve had large bookings that I’ve had to leave a deposit (100-150) with and on both occasions they forgot to take it off the bill.
Usually I would take this as a mistake but it’s also happened friends on separate occasions also.

I do think you have a duty in a restaurant- (particularly if it’s BYOB and a large booking) to make sure to deduct the deposit from the bill. It would be very easy for someone to forget to check and over pay with no one the wiser.

Food is really good though.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I love the small, cosy setting of Basil, it has a great vibe! The staff are friendly and will chat away but are usually kept very busy. Bring Your Booze is reasonably priced and to top off the food is amazing. I've been to Italy, and there are few places in Dublin that come close to the quality of pizza from Italy but Basil is definitely one of them. I say give it a go... you won't be dissapointed! :)