“Perfect local restaurant!”

The Old Spot
Ranked #90 of 2 871 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Old Spot is a classic and timeless Gastropub owned and operated by a young and passionate team. Our aim is to provide delicious food, quality wines, select craft beers, bespoke cocktails and great service in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I were staying near by, and wanted a casual restaurant with good food and beer. Perfect choice! Staff went above and beyond, and guests were very friendly! I had a hamburger which was very nice, and my husband had a steak which he enjoyed. The beer was very nice. Great atmosphere. Great staff.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Very cozy atmosphere. Staff were friendly and helpful. The fish (Hake) was excellent. We went on a Tuesday night when it opened a 5:30 pm, and it filled up very quickly. They take reservations, which you should take advantage of.

1  Thank Stu099
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We enjoyed a family dinner here with some of our Irish relatives. It looked and felt like an Irish Pub but it was a little more. It turned out to be a fine restaurant with wonderful food. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and made us all feel right at home and the food was excellent, as were the drinks. I had been eating a lot of fish while travelling in Ireland but had a taste for something different. I ordered a steak and it was one of the best I had ever tasted, seasoned to perfection and cooked perfectly. It melted in my mouth.

1  Thank Macorry
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Great place for lunch. The Roasts are amazing and served with all the trimmings. The Beef is absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly. Staff are super nice and professional. Good children’s menu available and plenty of choice. Good wine served by the glass and they usually have a special on. Highly recommend to book in advance because this place is very popular. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank thebiscuits
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice meal here with friends recently. I had a pork steak for mains which was on the specials. It was very good and not unreasonably priced. The atmosphere was friendly and the place was buzzing.
Overall good food, great atmosphere and not overly pricey would defiantly recommend a visit

1  Thank Paul B