“Lunch”

Ranked #49 of 210 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Bewley’s Grafton Street, one of Dublin’s most iconic and celebrated landmarks, has been restored to create a bigger, brighter and better-than-ever table service customer experience. Every day is a celebration at Bewley's. Enjoy our famous breakfasts, weekend Jazz brunch & cocktails and an All Day menu. As well as serving the very best coffee, 100% Fairtrade Arabica and roasted in Dublin, there is an extensive range of loose leaf teas. Indulge in our delicious range of homemade patisserie, ice-creams and bakery delights - crafted with heart, using Ireland's finest and quality ingredients in our in house craft bakery.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Another visit to Dublin and a lunch at Bewley’s. Very enjoyable as always, from the cabinet food to the full menu, the service and ambience, does not disappoint. It was a winter menu this time, the beef stew was tasty, tender and warming. I will be back on my next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 257)

26 - 30 of 1 257 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited it as it is such an iconic place. It was very busy that day but we managed to find a table, as we were about to sit down the waitress came over and shouted that she wanted that table for a couple with a child. I apologised and said I hadn't seen the sign "wait to be seated" only to be told there wasn't one. We ordered tea and scones and for the price they cost I at least expected them to be heated but no they were stone cold. As it was our first visit we didn't realise that you paid the waitress. We went to pay at the counter and were left waiting there a good 10 minutes without any of the counter staff asking us if we were ok. Eventually our waitress found us and proceeded to tell us off for not paying her. We left there feeling like thieves when in fact it was us that had been robbed by over priced food, terrible service and rude waiting staff. I certainly won't be recommending it to family or friends.

1  Thank eileenregan99
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Though the word “Oriental” might be best left out of the cafe’s name as a less desirable connection to the past, the renovated Bewley’s Cafe reconnects with its past in a supremely positive way through its service, decor, and fare. My wife and I each ordered a pot of tea and a 70% chocolate eclair and delighted with our repast. The eclair was perhaps the best that I have ever tasted. Elegant and lovely. The tea was neatly brewed with a paper cover sharing the time when the brewing began, a recommendation for serving the tea, and the name of the person who began the brewing. This sort of attention to detail is inspiring, though, unfortunately my Earl Grey was a tea bag rather than loose leaf tea. (I suspect the number of folks who prefer Earl Grey invites this sort of move for convenience. Still, the taste was smooth and welcome.) The surroundings have been beautifully renovated: velvet high-back settees, tile floor, lead glass windows, and attractive pieces of contemporary art. Great care was paid to friendly, efficient service. I have fond memories of sitting at a table on the mezzanine, sketching in my notebook, listening to a harpist on Grafton Street. I missed the harpist, and the Bailey’s cheesecake, but I don’t mind leaving some things in the past for thoughtful improvements in the present, promising a brighter future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Bewleys Grafton street , breakfast was good but their wasn't enough staff on everything was quite slow ever trying to pay for it. But food was good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is NOT the bewleys that it used to be so don’t be fooled.Trading of the back of a fine establishment does not do this place any favours. Such a pitty. The attitude of the two floor staff was atrocious. I went in with my family for Lunch and was abruptly “jumped on” before I could even look at what was on offer. I was told to go upsatairs because there was no room,even though there was plenty of empty tables. As soon as I went up I was met with another grump who told me there was no room up there so go down stairs. I pointed out that there were at least a half dozen empty tables but she said that they had to be cleaned and it would take 15 minutes. There was nothing even on those tables. Just got the impression that staff couldn’t be bothered serving anyone and didn’t want the hassle. Turned on my heels and left. I will never go back!!

3  Thank michaelfcarlin
BewleysIreland, Sales & Marketing Manager at Bewley’s Grafton Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear michaelfcarlin,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent experience with us. We usually receive lovely feedback about our team. We greet customers at the door where we offer assistance with the menu and any specific requirements that our guests may have; birthday celebrations, allergies, seating preference etc. The first floor opened in March and, as a result, we are able to offer our customers a table almost instantly even during our busiest times. The first floor is a beautiful space with the James Joyce Room boasting a balcony where our guests can sit and people watch on Grafton Street. There is a collection of beautiful sculptures on display and a great sense of space complimented with natural daylight. It is often referred to as an 'oasis' in the city and we offer the same menu throughout the building. On this occasion, it seems there was a miscommunication on our side, for this I am really sorry. I would like to assure you that this is not the experience that we strive to deliver. If you would please email me your contact details I would really appreciate it. My email address is l.kenny@bewleys.com.

Kind Regards