“Very rude manager”

Ranked #252 of 2 853 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$49
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Roly's Bistro opened in Dublin in November 1992 and quickly became one of the city's busiest and best loved restaurants. Its reasonably-priced menu and wine list together with a casual, light-hearted atmosphere made it an instant hit with everybody from romantic couples to families, from business executives to local and visiting celebrities. Today, a team of 27 chefs serve freshly-cooked food to over three thousand people a week without compromising on quality and standards. Fresh heated bread is baked daily in the bakery.
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We walked in and waited approximately 15 minutes to see if there was a table available. There were three women in front and the manager was being ever so nice. “I’m sorry for the wait ladies. Can I get you a drink?”

We were not acknowledged.

Suddenly after 15 minuets from about 20 feet away the manager with the non Irish accent said “you ok?” My partner said we were looking for a table for two. We were abruptly told no, nothing available. No manners. Not would you like to wait. There was no “if you come back in 20 minuets we will have a table. So obnoxious

No hostility

No famous rolys welcome

Will not return

Write a ReviewReviews (2 408)

58 - 62 of 2 410 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Our family went to dinner here on our first night in Dublin. There were seven of us and we arrived about 20 minutes before our reservation. They seated us about 5 minutes later. Our waiter was very helpful in expaining the menu and making recommendations. The food was excellent and the desserts were exceptional as was the service. The atmosphere was very warm and lively. We really enjoyed the evening. We were also pleasantly surprised at how reasonably priced our meal was.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The food and service at Roly’s was beyond fantastic. Could not recommend the location more. We used a food voucher gotten from pigs back.

Delicious!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

If memory serves me correctly, back in the early nineties when Roly’s first opened, it was the trendiest eatery to be in (or even to be seen in) and was a huge success. Many years later it has matured into a restaurant where guests can enjoy a consistently good meal at a reasonable price in good surroundings. Having frequented Roly’s over the years for numerous family occasions, we realised that we had not been there for some years. So when we were going to the Billy Joel concert in the Aviva Stadium nearby we decided to return to one of our favourites from the past. It was as good as ever. We enjoyed a delicious lunch on the day, enjoying every part of the meal. Even though it is clear that it is a high volume restaurant, each dish is prepared and presented perfectly. My wife had a most colourful starter of smoked salmon with the most colourful garnishes I have ever seen. I hope to return in advance of the Paul Simon concert in a month and am already looking forward to both the meal and the concert. I hope Roly’s continues for many years to come.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

It's been a while since I've been to Rolys and I am pleased to say it's lost nine of it's charm. It retains a warm, vibrant atmosphere while still delivering great food at a reasonable price.