“Fabulous food and made to feel very welcome”
Review of Zao restaurant

Zao restaurant
Ranked #1 605 of 2 811 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us were on a UK and Ireland mini cycling tour and decided to grab a Chinese on Dublin close to the airport where we picked up a hire car.

Quality of the food was excellent and service was good too.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We were on a visit to Dublin from Cork for a gig. I was wrecked from driving and just wanted to have a proper dinner so we called in here. The server demanded to know if we had a booking and looked incredibly put out when we didn't. There were four empty tables that I could see from the door and three couples finished up around the time we were eventually seated. I remembered it was Valentines night, figuring that was why he was so short with us. Still, when the restaurant is empty why give us grief upon arrival?

Twenty minutes later, nobody had come to take our order and the waiter who had seated us appeared to be gone entirely. I had been putting off using the bathroom until after we ordered but I just told my partner to please order for me if anyone came, agreeing that we would just go and get fast food if nobody came in that time. Predictably, nobody came. We left because we were going to be late for our gig and got fast food instead. Based on the food I saw being eaten around the restaurant, it was probably just as satisfying. :D

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve visited Zao on a few occasions and they never fail to satisfy. The food is tasty, fresh and flavoursome.

They have a nice variety of food, helpful and friendly staff and always make you feel welcome

Overall a top notch Asian restaurant

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Called into Zao Restaurant to have a bite to eat was never there before so I said lets try this place for a change. We were seated with in five minutes on entering the restaurant the waiter give us a copy of the menu.

After reviewing the menu we decided on having the fresh cod and chips. So the order was placed and we were asked if we would like something to drink so we requested a 7UP and a Coke to sip on while we were waiting on the food.

The meal took about 20 minutes of waiting time before it was brought to the table...
The meal consisted of frozen chips, shredded lettuce, two pieces of cod in batter, not much bigger than a fish finger and some dressing. (total tasteless) I asked for the bill when finished and was presented with a bill for €43.40 what a complete ripoff lessened learned stay clear of this place !!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

ordered a spice bag, when it was delivered, the chips were soggy and wet and got 4 pieces of chicken, bearly ate half and threw the rest out it was way too sogy, chips werent even crispy atall, which is the main part of a spice bag.

Not a good experience for the money I paid for it, but the prawn toast was nice...