Review Highlights
Lovely experience

A month ago my partner and I brought his daughter and it was a really lovely experience. She just... read more

Reviewed 4 April 2017
Sue G
Loved it!

Absolutely brilliant! The last time I was here was when I was 7 years old (and that was quite a... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2017

from US$23,00
from US$37,69
from US$13,80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2015

This is free seating on benches, all seating on one level but the standard of performances is very high. It really ticks all the boxes for adults and children, it's funny and inexpensive.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Was on "Daddy Duty" this weekend while my wife was away on a girlie weekend. Decided to bring the gang plus a few friends to the Lambert Puppet Theatre. Had read that the theatre had had a fire so was curious to see how the building had been affected. Need not have worried in the slightest. The place looks fabulous and chatting to one of the puppeteers afterwards, I believe that they got huge support from the local and wider community as well as many of their fans and long time supporters.
A BIG well done to all. Maybe good comes of bad but there certainly seemed to be a huge energy about the place and I told that there are big plans in the pipeline.

My gang had a great afternoon. It never fails to amaze me how kids react to live entertainment (especially given the sophistication of the alternatives) but they screamed and shouted and ooed and aahed all the way through the show. The bonus was the facepaining before hand and even the 11 year old got in the swing of things. The show was Hansel and Gretal with the addition of a cast of scary, dancing trees to thicken the plot!

Already booked in for Aladdin for one of our December birthdays

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank JJW296
Reviewed 3 November 2015

My earliest memory of school tours was a trip to the Lambert Puppet Theatre in the 70's !!! I still love going there. It's just the right size for little and not so little people. The shows have been a big hit with my 5 and 2 year old and their older cousins. If you ring ahead and let them know you have a birthday person in your group they'll make sure that one of the Puppets will give them a special mention at the start of the show. It made my nephew's day that 'crow' knew he was turning 5 :)
There is a little shop and coffee area for the interval and a Museum of puppets upstairs along with rooms for Birthday parties.
You won't be disappointed!
Parking can be difficult around Monkstown so my tip would be to park down at the dart station, free on weekends.

Date of experience: April 2015
4  Thank Lottylikescoffee
LambertPuppetTheatre, Front Office Manager at Lambert Puppet Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Thanks so much for your feedback. For any future birthday boys/girls; Make sure to leave their name at the ticket office when you arrive and Mr. Crow will be happy to give a shout out!
Monkstown parking is notoriously tricky, particularly coming up to Christmas. We're lucky that the DART station is only around the corner and free at showtimes!
We hope you continue your visits to LPT!

Reviewed 2 November 2015

I brought my 5 year old to see Hansel and Gretel in Lambert Puppet theatre this weekend. Having been there myself as a child, it was great to carry on the tradition.
I don't know who was more excited about the face painting before the show; me or him! We took our seat our seats as a zombie cowboy(?!) and a glittery doll.
Hansel and Gretel was brilliant; my nephew was in stitches at the cheeky Hansel and was shouting 'HEY lubba lubba' all evening! Great afternoon!

Date of experience: October 2015
4  Thank Clew296
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Recently went to Little Red Riding Hood in the Lambert Puppet Theatre in company with nephew and niece.. Nostalgia Central.!!! As my family grew up, the LPT was a standard fixture in our Christmas calander and many of the posters from the shows adorned various kids bedrooms for years. It was really lovely to see the theatre again and recapture the enthusiasm of years past. It is hard to credit in this multi media world of hi tech graphics and how much the kids enjoyed the show, but they screamed and shouted and laughted all the way through the show. We all grew up with the "look behind you"s and the "O yes it is"s and based on my experience last week the next generation deserve the chance to boo the baddies and cheer the fairy godmothers and princesses.
A particular treat for me was the museum and the chance to see the villians and hero's of shows past resting on their laurels!
We all left the Monkstown venue that bit happier although I am regretting the finger puppets that I was talked into purchasing as I don't think I have any little "Lamberts" in the making.
Well done to all