Reviews (1 001)
1 001 results
All reviews library bar exchequer street great location first floor dublin castle trinity college light sleeper bring earplugs huge bathroom spacious room bars and restaurants the heart of the city full irish fallon nightlife
7 - 12 of 1 001 reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Excellent location, in a very lively part of town, not far from the VERY lively Temple Bar district. Which made for a lot of street voice at night. (Including just flat-out yelling.) Not that bad, though. (We're good sleepers.) The Library Bar, on the second floor, is the real highlight here. Lively in a different way from the streets; lively, that is, in actual conversation. (No yelling, thank goodness.) The front desk people were helpful. OK, that's what was good about our stay here. Otherwise it was just OK. We were surprised, actually, that it's Fodor's Choice. The room was on the small side, and somewhat worn, with a funky shower door and limited bathroom counter space. The whole place looked like it could do for a rehab.The included breakfast was ... food. The second morning we skipped it and ate instead at the very nice deli and market next door (can't recall the name), then chose a charming little French cafe for the third morning's breakfast. You stay here for the good location, the acceptable rooms, and the Library Bar (if you choose to partake). Seemed pricey for what it offered, but it must be the old rule at work: location, location, location.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

My elderly parents and my sister stayed here last night. Although not my usual choice of accommodation, we went ahead with this place due to how central the location is. My parents can’t walk too far and this was so close to everything. Big mistake. What a dump.
Firstly, I must say the staff were really lovely, particularly the front of house. The bedrooms however were absolutely depressing... so run down. Both our rooms were so dark, numerous lights weren’t working, carpets didn’t meet at the walls and were completely frayed so you could see the previous floor covering, floors were uneven and creaked so loudly. I lay awake all night with the noise outside ( expected ) and the bloody creaking of floorboards in the room above. This morning We were all feeling so depressed with the surroundings and the whole experience. This place isn’t cheap at €150 per room only basis and in all honesty you’d be better staying in a hostel.... we couldn’t wait to leave this morning. Never ever again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mij0
Reviewed 4 October 2018

A very friendly welcome, but my first night was appalling as the rook was incredibly noisy. Not just the happy folk outside in Temple Bar, but the incessant thudding from some so-called music venue kept me awake until 03:00.

The next day I went down to reception and asked to be moved to a quieter room. They agreed readily and also gave me a complimentary full Irish breakfast for both days of my visit.

The second room was vastly better - really quiet and unlike the first room, both the TV and the hot water in the washbasin worked as expected.

The staff really were very friendly and obliging throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - some can be VERY noisy indeed.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Excellent customer service all round, the staff are exceptionally good and great to deal with. Friendly and efficient. Meeting room facilities are excellent and very flexible. The bar is one of the best spots in Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2018

A really nice Hotel and the staff were so friendly, just a few things that need attention, the Carpet in the reception was really dirty and needs to be replaced, the T.V in the bedrooms was to small and most of the channels did not work, the restaurant was really nice and food was excellent and a freshly cooked to order breakfast, top class.....the price was reasonable, only a few minutes walk to Grafton Street, we will be back there in the near future.......

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple