Reviews (5 193)
1 963
2 224
1 963
2 224
All reviews o'connell street great location temple bar bar next door airport bus hop on hop within walking distance rooms are small tour buses buffet breakfast stayed here for nights central location would definitely stay here again double room trinity college would highly recommend this hotel visiting dublin
268 - 273 of 5 193 reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a few days and it was lovely. The rooms were always very clean and the rooms were very spacious. The staff at the reception were very helpful as well. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was a lovely stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Niamh P
Sinead B, Sales & Marketing at Academy Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Niamh,

Thank you for your lovely review. All our guest rooms are well appointed and thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of our rooms. Our team here work very hard in maintaining our guest rooms and we are delighted with your feedback.We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last Christmas it was lovely so we thought we would go back there for my partners 60th birthday well I think standards gone down in several things we stayed in room 248 not nice room at at all very small for a double no bathrobes and looking out on a big buildi g no view at all as we was out the back off hotel on second floor very disappointing stay

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gaynor P
Seamus B, Manager at Academy Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Gaynor P

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are very pleased that you returned to us for your partners birthday. I do hope you would have spoke to me or one of our management team about our standards while in house. By doing so we could have offered, what we could, by way of customer care to address your concerns. We do work very hard in being the best we can be within our class. Our 3 star property drives excellent customer card with a prime location.

Please contact me on wecare@academyplazahotel.ie should you be considering a trip to Dublin in the future we could love another opportunity to put this right and impress on you the same great stay you had previously and provide this again for you in the future.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Séamus Brennan
Deputy Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for St Patricks Day weekend and it was wonderful. So close to everything and the staff were AWESOME. So friendly, always willing to help answer questions, and supported us in getting to the airport amid weather issues. We will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Curious683144
Sinead B, Sales & Marketing at Academy Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is so encouraging to read that you enjoyed our hotel so much and more importantly our dedicated service team. Our helpful and friendly staff are at hand to offer their best welcome and service they can each day. Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Weekend in Dublin for two couples. It was a busy weekend with 6 nations rugby on so ended up paying bit of a premium for the room but that’s pretty normal for big city hotels. The hotel is done to a good standard with small but clean and functional rooms. Ideal for a weekend stay. However the rooms are poorly soundproofed and we were regularly disturbed by neighbouring doors opening and shutting which was quite loud. Room 509 had an internal concrete view and if you opened the window quite a noisy generator.
Breakfast was well priced but only average for a hotel of this type. It’s a buffet breakfast and food was cheap and a bit dry. Service however was good and staff seemed friendly. Location of the hotel is very good for centre of Dublin and you can walk straight out into shops and bars. Would I return? Maybe for the location alone.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I4845YWianw

Dear Ian W

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. From your parting comments I am encouraged you will return to us and we really hope you do. All your comments you have shared are addressable, although I do wish you have asked to speak to the manager on duty where we could have addressed your comments during your time here with the hope to improve your stay experience.

That said I am very glad you have posted your review allowing us to identify your concerns. I am very thankful for you comments about our service and staff and should you return for the location and the welcoming and friendly team we have here.

Please email us on wecare@academyplazahotel.ie should you need anything else.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Séamus Brennan
Deputy Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Rooms a little small but very ,very nice Hotel.You are able to walk to a lot of places.Hotels staff very friendly,You will be very suprise when you walk inside of the hotel.Make a stop at Murrays Bar up the street and say Hello to Pamela.She is a wonder ful person.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sinead B, Sales & Marketing at Academy Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your 5 star review. Being located just off Upper O Connell Street, Dublin's main thoroughfare has many advantages by being so close to what Dublin has to offer. It is so encouraging to read that you enjoyed our hotel so much and more importantly our dedicated service team. Our helpful and friendly staff are at hand to offer their best welcome and service they can each day. Thanks you again for your review and we hope to see you again.