Reviews (2 608)
2 608 results
All reviews vat house vat bar temple bar great location free entry bar downstairs central location night life early hours bars and restaurants great bar trinity college grafton street nightlife pub guinness hairdryer
224 - 229 of 2 608 reviews
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This hotel couldn't be more central if it tried - a perfect location for the surrounding attractions.

I see a lot of negative comments about the noise, this I can't deny is a fact, but you don't travel to party central for a quiet night’s sleep. I wouldn't advise staying here with small children.

The rooms are very basic and in great need of a touch up - I feel that at the prices they charge this should be done and to a high standard, but I guess the location is the reason for the high price.

It certainly isn't the service that pulls in the high price, I called reception on a few different occasions and the phone was never answered. This surprised me as literally every time I walked past there was someone sat there doing nothing.

We weren't given our free welcome drink voucher, nor knew we were entitled to one, on arrival, but when I found out in the bar and went to ask for one I was told I wasn't getting one.

I have no real complaints about this place as we were literally there to crash after the night and eat the breakfast on offer before leaving again, but wouldn't stay here again purely because I could probably spend the same amount and have a much nicer experience.

Room tip: Top floor if you want some level of quiet - ask for a room not facing the road.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
JR0113, Front Office Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear JB_4787,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I really do appreciate your feedback. Im so glad that you enjoyed our central location. I would like to apologise for the level of service you received from our front desk. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. I will certainly look into the issues that you have raised.
Thank you for choosing Blooms Hotel. I hope that if you are coming back to Dublin you might contact me directly so that I can personally handle your booking. I can assure you that you will receive the warm hospitality that our guests return for time and time again.
Please dont hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss matters further.
Grainne Coles
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Pros: clean, decent size rooms, good bathroom setup and amenities. Great location in Temple Bar. Our room had a nice balcony with surprisingly newer outdoor furniture.

Cons: lobby is in desperate need of updating, front desk seemed woefully understaffed especially during peak times. They don't have housekeeping even come in until after check out time so if you hoped to get into your room early (or in my case, even on time after getting there before sun up), it probably won't happen.

Tip: skip the breakfast there and go to one of the many places nearby where you can get a much better breakfast for the same price

Trip type: Travelled with friends
JR0113, Front Office Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi mnolsnj,

Thank you for your feedback. We will take your comments on board and your opinion is valued. We guarantee check in at 3 pm but if your room is not ready on arrival we can store your luggage. Our Housekeeping Department begin at 8am and we do check in early arrivals throughout the morning as rooms become available. However, this is very much dependent on our departures, who are not required to leave prior to midday. Im sorry that there was no room available when you arrived.
We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Blooms Hotel at a future date.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

You would stay at this hotel for the live music, the bar and its location in Temple Bar with the proximity to so many Irish pubs, bars and restaurants. The hotel in itself unremarkable and the rooms adequate…just!. There is a night club under the hotel, which did not seem to be terribly well patronisede or perhaps I went too early.

Breakfast well it was filling! It reminded me of breakfasts in the seventies in the basements of cheap hotels in London which are now far from cheap.

Apart from a very close staggering distance to the nearby pubs, is there any other reason so many people go to Dublin, it is a very easy walk to one of the many drinking holes nearby. Did I mention the pubs? Temple Bar is a fun area, full of both tourists and locals who are I found very welcoming and friendly. I think I noticed even one who was putting up a good show of appearing sober. I was probably mistaken.
The evening, I arrived U2 were playing the Joshua Tree concert for one night at the Croke Stadium. I had no idea but by sheer dent of luck, and finding a scalper with a reasonable ticket at an unreasonable price I managed to attend the concert which was a knockout experience. The Irish seem to have an uncanny ability to remember more songs and all the words the more they drink.

Apart from its location in Temple Bar, this hotel is central to many of the things the average tourist in Dublin may want to see. Did I mention the pubs? These include Trinity College with the Book of Kel;s and its amazing library, Saint Steven’s Green, the old traditional Irish pubs, many of which do not serve any meals, Churches, Cathedrals and some wonderful old buildings and museums.

At the end of the day a bed is a bed but it is sure well located even if my liver may well disagree.

Room tip: High as possible
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear PeterN,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compose your review of your recent visit to Dublin and your stay at Blooms Hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location right in the heart of Temple Bar and enjoyed the famed Irish hospitality on offer here. It really is a lively area with plenty of good bars and restaurants on offer. I'm sure that seeing U2 was a particular highlight - I was there myself and enjoyed it immensely.
I really appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel and will use it to improve our product. After a long and busy summer we are undergoing a soft refurbishment in our bedrooms so that we are looking our best. I've also taken your comments on board regarding our breakfasts. We will desperately try to pull them out of the seventies. Might I suggest at this point that you might want to come with me? We could try together to drag your ever so slightly xenophobic opinions of the Irish out of a decade when comments such as yours were actually acceptable. Did I mention our sense of humour? ;)

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2017

The hotel doesn't allow you to stay one minute after 12:00 pm. The funny thing is that they charge for storing luggage. Very strict rules not friendly environment.
Late night noise. I will never come back again to this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
JR0113, Front Office Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear kw_alg,

Thank you for your feedback. In honesty, I am more than a little puzzled about your experience. While check out is required by midday, we do not require our guests to leave the hotel. Guests are more than welcome to remain on the premises. Im sorry if you were made to feel unwelcome and regret that you had a bad experience. Luggage storage is now free of charge.

Grainne Coles
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great stay at this hotel that is in a perfect location for a walkabout the city center! A special shout out to Ravi, Promise, Grainne and James that made our stay AWESOME! I highly recommend this spot!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear lizcU4232SF,

Thank you for your lovely review and for your 5 star recommendation! It was a pleasure to meet you and we are so glad that you had a great stay. We really appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Blooms hotel soon.