Reviews (4 921)
2 239
1 471
2 239
1 471
All reviews lavery wing o'connell street toddy's bar taxi rank lovely hotel central location temple bar standard room airport bus lovely room following morning twin room trinity college evesham foyer ireland aircoach
1 455 - 1 460 of 4 921 reviews
Reviewed 10 December 2015

Just back from a 3 night stay in the Gresham hotel in Dublin had a wonderful time .This hotel is to be highly recommended the staff from front desk,bar staff, and back of house staff were all very friendly and helpful without being too overbaring that you get in some hotels.The rooms were very well furnished and the bed very comfortable.We had breakfast in the hotel and after the selection and the amount you get you certainly are good till dinner time.Drink in the hotel bar is a very reasonable price for Dublin centre although if you want entertainment you will have to look elsewhere.We will be returning to the Gresham on our next visit to Dublin as it was a most enjoyable stay right in heart of the city.

Room Tip: we asked for a high floor as it is a city centre hotel we got 551 and it was reasonably quiet
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
TheGreshamDublin1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear RobertM251

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Gresham.

We are all delighted you had enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me where I will ensure you receive our very best rates and complimentary upgrade. Alternatively, you will always find the best available rates on The Gresham's website. Please Google The Gresham Hotel Dublin and select the official site, as Tripadvisor do not allow us to advertise the web address.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

I can't wait to return to this superb hotel. I have stayed there at least four times for short breaks. From arrival at reception everything is slick and polished, checking in is quick and easy, instructions for the car park are precise and the assistance to the room is great. On the last two of my visits I have been fortunate to have room upgrades which has added to my desire to return to this hotel. The hotel itself is grand it has character and its location makes everything in Dublin very accessible. The staff are all very pleasant and willing to help.

Dear Glenn W

Reviewed 9 December 2015

We booked directly with the hotel and availed of the online check in service. Received text message when room was ready along with the confirmation of the room number.
Room was clean, comfortable and the King Koil mattress pretty cool. We arrived back to our room just before midnight to find the turn down team had been in and left a few chocs. Nice touch.
Breakfast was fresh, with good selection and the staff were attentive..
I would recommend The Gresham as a good city centre hotel.

Dear martinV2523XF

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at the Gresham and I still enjoyed it!
The hall has no seating area anymore which is a pity, as it lost its Art Deco feeling ..... I loved it! Looks very modern now.
It was my 1st stay though in the college wing! The room was very professional and compact, good bed and all but I still prefer the rooms in the main building.
The bathroom was cold. I had left the heating on during the night but still too cold for a bathroom.
A pity as well is that the cupboard has no lights above it or in it, so that was a rather dark corner in the evening.
Breakfast, was as always very good, complete.
Overall very friendly and helpful personnel, as we are used to.
I love staying at the Gresham and will surely return

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Dear Gaby V

Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here last Friday 4th & Saturday 5th December.Received an email on Thursday asking ETA and if I would like to check in.I said I would be arriving about 12.45
On the train on the way down about midday I received text letting me know my room was ready.Arrived around 12.45,I was at reception for 2 mins collected my key card and was in the room before 13.00 (great idea no hanging about)
Guy at front desk great also give us a free upgrade (nice room).Had a few drinks in the Writers lounge on Friday night again staff on the ball in a busy environment.
We had a meal in Toddys (hotel bar & Brasserie)on Saturday night the place was buzzing but the young manager managed to get us a table,service and food were brilliant.
In general all staff were brilliant nothing was a problem.I have stayed in a few 5 star hotels in Dublin (could not get a seat in the lounge areas at night)but this place has a personal touch.Great location right in the city centre.I would recommend this place to anyone and we will be back early new year.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family